Ewon Cosy 131 unable to see devices

Hello,

We have a customer which is experiencing the following problem.

I configured eWON as per manual and there is no problem with base setup. Problem is with devices on LAN side. eWON connects to Stratix 5400 switch configured as routing switch (172.27.5.1). There are 4 more Stratix 5400 switches connected
to this one. They work as Layer 2 switches with NAT. Their I.P.s (172.27.5.13),(172.27.5.14),(172.27.5.15),(172.27.5.17). When I connect to eWON I can see switches but not devices behind NAT. I do not know where problem is located. Is it eWON configuration
or routing switch configuration. I need help from someone experienced with managed switches and eWons. I attached screenshots captured from RSLinx and eWON connection.

We asked the below questions, customers response are in red, any idea on what the problem could be?

image001.png

image002.jpg

Any LAN devices you are trying to connect to need to be on the Ewon’s LAN subnet and have their default gateway set to be the Ewon’s LAN address.

Also, EthGW is the Ewon’s WAN gateway, so it should be on the 192.168.x.x network.

The customer did the setup wizard and was able to see akmost all of the devices. Please see their comments below.

I rerun setup wizard, which assigned LAN side gateway of eWON to 192.168.2.1. I accepted that, before I changed it to 172.27.5.1 which is a gateway on my switch network. I can connect now to all devices except one. Is located in vlan
11 on my routing swtch (172.27.5.1). I can’t create NAT on this switch since is configured as routing switch. Device address 192.168.1.50, vlan IP is 192.168.1.1.

Thanks

image001.png

image002.jpg

The customer needs to understand that the Ewon is the gateway on the LAN (172.27.5.10). There is no setting to change the LAN gateway. The setting “EthGW” is the WAN gateway address. (The setting is ignored if they’re using DHCP)

I don’t think they will be able to reach the last device you are referring to without using NAT.

Okay thank you for your help!

Thanks

image001.png

image002.jpg

You’re welcome.

One more thing that they can try:

-add a route on the eCatcher PC to reach the device network

-add a route in the ewon in the static route table to reach the device network