eWON Cosy 141 Auto Negotiate

Are there any issues with the eWON Cosy being connected to a managed switch that is set to auto negotiate? I called in once when we were setting one up at one location and a support engineer told me I should try connecting it to an umanaged switch to have the switch negotiate the speed and this seemed to work. We were having a similiar issue today at another location and we had our customer changed their switch setting and we think they set it to 10/half duplex and we are now able to connect to the Talk2m server. I have one in my office and have tried several fixxed settings but can not get it to work unless I leave my managed switch on auto detect so I’m a little confused. Is there a firmware update that possibly resolves this issue?

Hello,

The Cosy should work fine with a managed switch and it has support for auto negotiation and has 10/100 ports. If someone suggested an switch it might have been to help filter noise or to correct for a switch set to gigabit only and allow for auto negotiation.

A recovery would be the only time a specific 10/100 switch is required. Since the Cosy does not support gigabit a 10/100 is used to keep a link established with the PC and allow a recover to transfer files quickly.