eWON Cosy 141 bricked?

I have an eWON Cosy 141 that I have had in the field for a few years. Sometime ago, I could no longer get online with it. When I visited the customer, I took a closer look. The Cosy was no longer recognized by eBuddy. I tried both a level 1 and level 2 reset with no luck. The eWON exhibited the following behavior: the Power light was always on, about every 5-6 seconds, the Talk2M LED would flash once, followed by 2 quick flashes of all of the LAN activity LEDs (1-4). I don’t know if this is some sort of pattern that identifies a particular condition? I assume it’s “bricked”; and also out of warranty, so probably not worth getting repaired (besides, I took it apart to see if there was something obvious I could see - I couldn’t). Let me know when you get a chance. Thx.

Hi @mairhead,

Can you provide the serial number of the Cosy?

What is the status of the USR LED?

Hi Kyle.

This is a Cosy 141, not a 131. Serial no. 1640-0050-39. If my records are correct, it had an access address on your VPN server of 10.213.128.255.

image001.png

The only LED activity is what was described: Power LED: continuous. Talk2M LED: one flash every 5-6 seconds followed by 2 quick simultaneous flashes of all LAN port LEDs (1-4).

Holding the RESET button down – regardless of after power applied, or while power applied produces no other LED patterns than what was described above (i.e. no USER LED activity).

Thanks,

Phil Huss

Sr. Electrical Design Engineer

My apologies - I initially missed that it was the Cosy 141 and not the 131.

The device has been offline since 11/17/2021 and is out of warranty as it was manufactured in 2016. Unfortunately, since the reset process is not changing the LED patterns, it does appear to be bricked and would need to be replaced.

Best Regards,

Kyle