eWon Cosy 141 Connection Issues

Hi,

I have an eWon Cosy 141 that I have been trying to get connected to the talk2m servers but not had any luck. The eWon is running the 11.3 firmware and configured with a static IP. No matter what I have tried the eWon returns an udp error when running the talk2m validation test. The Real Time Log shows the following:
write UDPv4: [error string unavailable] (code=64)

and the Event log shows:
Event 24905 dns-send operation failed

The eWon device is in front of our firewall, has a public ip address assigned, and is using 8.8.8.8 for DNS. If I assign these settings to a laptop, the laptop is able to access the internet just fine.

The Device is quite far from our router, which I have read on here can be an issue, so I have put an unmanaged switch in between the router and ewon.

I was assigned this issue about a month ago but was told this issue has been going on for years. We have worked with the distributor on trying to get it to connect but have got nowhere. We sent the device to them to make sure it is not defective and they confirmed it is not. I am not sure where to go from here.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hello can you provide a Back up with support files of the unit ? This can be retrieved by having a local connection and using eBuddy.

Is the LAN and WAN side on different Subnets?

It is actually connected now. It seems the issue is how far the cable run is (maybe 200+ ft). No one had tried placing a switch out by where our eWon is until yesterday after I saw it mentioned in another post on here. I was still having issues with the Talk2m connection but it turns out the switch I used was on its way out. I bought a new one today, hooked it up and the eWon connected to the Talk2m server right away. Thanks for the reply

Had this exact error and the customer was trying to use “game changer” 800 foot cable run. The internet will pass, but I think it breaks something with DNS or certificate exchange. Need to use wireless or add a switch to the cable run.