Ewon COSY 141 will not stay online

Hello, we have two Ewon COSY 141 devices that will not stay online. They are running firmware version 11.2s.1. We have a third one that stays online without issue. What is the last firmware version for the 141? Last, is the 141 devices EOL? Thanks.

Hello,

Yes the Cosy 141 is an EOL and the last firmware for it 11.2.1. We do not have any planned firware updates for those units.

What is the connection type of these units? WWhat do the event logs say regarding the connection?

I do not have physical access to the devices at the moment, but I will be onsite tomorrow to collect the logs.

So for one of the devices, it was determined it was a firewall blocking port 1194. So that device is now online. However, for the second device, the firewall is showing traffic is allowed out on port 1194 for that Cosy 141 device. I will gather logs for this device. Do you need a backup of the device with ‘files needed for support’ through the ebuddy application?

Hello,

Yes that would allow me to see what errors are occurring on the 141

Ok I have the tar file. Should I upload it here?

Yes you can upload here.

[Hidden]

Just a couple questions.

Was a backup restored onto this unit? If so, is the same firmware version? I see encrypted data is invalid, this can be due to 2 back up being restored.

Also how is this device connected to the internet? Is Static or DHCP?

No a backup has not been restored to this device to my knowledge. It has a static IP address.

WHen you performed the Internet wizard and entered the Static IP, did both tests pass when testing the internet connection? Or did the first one only pass? I think the device is not connected to the Internet. The test is partially successful because you entered a Static IP for the network set up.

Can you run the Internet wizard again to verify connection?

So it passes the internet connection test. We have tried with both a static IP and a DHCP address and that portion passes successfully. However the Talk2M portion fails. The error is a SSL negotiation error, and in the logs I see this: 48182 VERIFY ERROR: depth=1, error=certificate is not yet valid: /C=BE/ST=Brabant_Wallon/L=Nivelles/O=eWON_sa/OU=Talk2M/CN=Talk2M_Certification_Authority/emailAddress=itmanager@talk2m.com;

Hello,

The main issue with the Talk2m is that the certificate is not yet valid. Can you check the date/time is correct and updated? IS there any SSL inspection on the network? You may need to whitelist our server accesses.

Any update on this issue?

I am trying to engage someone onsite that can update the date and time on the device. I will update this thread as soon as they do so.

Thanks.

Kevin,

That was it. Once the correct date and time were entered, it came back online. Thanks for your help!