eWon cosy china connection

Just got ewon cosy connection established to china but the connection is unstable and drops out every few minutes.
Client was unable to provide a direct connection with DHCP enabled so they have connected a 4G router to the WAN port of the ewon so not sure if the 4G connection is the issue here.
I have the .TAR file with support if someone from HMS could be kind enough to check for me.

Yes, please provide the Backup with the Support files and we’ll take a look.

Hi Kyle,
I have attached the file.

Thanks.

P Please consider the environment before printing this email

Logic Automation Ltd is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered number: SC416747.Registered office: Strathdeveron House Steven Road, Huntly, Aberdeenshire, AB54 8SX.
The contents of this message are private and confidential and are intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) and do not necessarily represent the opinions, views, policy or procedures of Logic Automation Ltd. If you have received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or distribute it to anyone. Please notify the originator and remove it from your system.
Please note that Logic Automation Ltd does not warrant that any attachments are free from viruses or other defects and accepts no liability for any losses or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (196 KB)

I moved the Ewon to a China VPN server to see if that works better. If not, I would check the WAN connection speed, because the that is the most likely bottleneck.

Thanks, will try again tonight

OK let me know what you find.

Hi,

The connection is a lot more stable today but they have also changed the 4G modem to a different carrier so not sure what has helped more…

Can you tell me how to change the VPN Server for in the future?

Regards,

image001.jpg

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

I would recommend contacting us to change the server. The only way that you can do it yourself is to use the server’s static address in the comcfg.txt settings ‘VPNSrv1’ and ‘VPNSrv2’ (find server addresses here). However, if those addresses are updated at a future time, the Ewon will go offline.