Ewon cosy connect issue. cant ping from 1 laptop, but can from another?

To set the default VPN server for your account, only we can do, but you can manually set the VPN in the comcfg.txt settings by changing ‘VPNSrvAddrMode’ to 0 (manual) and then using the VPN domain or IP address in ‘VPNSrv1’ (primary) and ‘VPNSrv2’ (secondary).

We don’t recommend setting it this way though, in case the domain or IP address changes.

Hiya Kyle

Having the same issue with the admin account. this time I received this pop up image_2021-07-04_203709

however logging in with the temp account we created, I’m able to successfully connect.
Might be the case of abonding that first admin account and using new accounts for this

OK. Our developers wanted to test this out. Is it ok if they log in to try it? Is there a time when it won’t be in use, like early tomorrow AM?

Yes ofcourse. Please feel free!
It should be available for you in the morning

Thank you!

They took a look and found that it was due to a server issue. They said it should be resolved now if you want to test it out.

works perfect now. thank you kyle!!

You’re welcome. Thanks for your patience with this issue! It was a strange one.

Hi Kyle,

Am i alright to open this context up again?

I’m having the same issue where connecting to the ewon does not return a successful ping to the ewon’s IP address.
In July, we changed the membership with a talk2m Pro subscription. It’s been working just fine, but since last week the same issue has cropped up again. With no configuration changes to my laptop or the ewon/devices connected to the ewon. I’ve attempted the same connection on another laptop and it seems to connect just fine their. However, regardless of which account I use for my primary laptop, it still doesnt connect.

The following is the result of the ‘rout print -4’ when disconnected from the ewon;

And the log directory:
talk2mVpnService.log (1.2 MB)

Is there a way I can advise about this to anyone that may have the same issue? - As I have now passed on the connection ability to the client and am afraid they’ll have the same issue.

Also please feel free to connect to the ewon with the same credentials as before:

Thank you
T

Hi,
I’ve same problem,

I’ve only windows firewall and sécurity, i try to disable them but it’s the same
Do you have any idea of my problem? Few month ago all is ok, but now :confused:
I try at my work and my home, this is the same
Thanks for your help

Please review this troubleshooting guide, specifically step 3 regarding NATitf settings:

This troubleshooting guide applies when a VPN connection has been successfully established to an Ewon, but one or more LAN devices connected to it cannot be reached. It provides steps on how to resolve this issue and reach one’s LAN devices through eCatcher or M2Web. There are a few issues that can contribute to this issue including as a network overlap (IP conflict), eCatcher firewall settings, and the NatItf setting.

APPLICABLE PRODUCTS

• Ewon Cosy
  • Ewon Flexy
  • eCatcher
  • M2Web

ISSUE / QUESTION / SYMPTOM

LAN devices are connected to the Ewon, but cannot be reached. Pinging them fails with “no route to host”. Trying to connect to a device like an HMI in the browser never loads.

1. Network overlap
  2. Firewall set too high
  3. NatItf not set appropriately
  4. RTEnIpFwrd disabled
  5. Device not configured for access through M2Web

POSSIBLE CAUSES / ANSWER

1. Network overlap

When trying to connect through eCatcher, the local network and the Ewon’s LAN should be in different subnets to allow remote access to all the devices connected to the Ewon’s LAN. When there is overlap between these two networks, you will see the following error messages:

Fig 1. Network overlap 1

Fig 2. Network overlap 2

Troubleshooting Steps:
To solve this issue, there are a few options:

• Make sure the network of the PC running eCatcher and the Ewon’s LAN are in different subnets
  • Change the LAN IP address of the Ewon and its LAN devices
  • Use a different network address to connect the PC to the Internet
  1. Firewall set too high

The firewall setting in eCatcher can be set to different security levels including Standard and High. When High security is selected, only the listed devices under the Ewon’s LAN are reachable by connected users. Therefore if the LAN device being accessed is not declared on eCatcher, it will not be reachable.

Troubleshooting Steps:
To solve this issue, there are two options:

1. NatItf not set appropriately

The Ewon’s NAT and TF settings affect how devices must be configured to be accessible through the Ewon’s VPN connection. NAT on LAN (Plug’n Route) only requires that LAN devices’ IP addresses are on the Ewon’s subnet. If this setting is changed to NAT and TF on WAN, the LAN devices must also have their gateway IP set to the Ewon’s LAN IP address.

Troubleshooting Steps :
To solve this issue:

• On a Cosy, connect to the device’s web interface and navigate to Setup → System → Storage → Tabular Edition → Edit COM cfg and search for NatItf. Double click the value to edit, set it to 3 (for Plug’n Route), save, and reboot the Ewon.

Fig 4. Ewon’s web interface: changing NatItf setting on Cosy

• On Flexy, navigate to Setup → System → Communication → Networking → Routing, then change the “Apply NAT and TF to connection:” dropdown to NAT on LAN (Plug’n Route)

Fig 5. Ewon’s web interface: changing NatItf setting on Flexy
4. #### RTEnIpFwrd disabled

RTEnIpFwrd is a parameter that allows traffic to be routed from the device’s WAN to its LAN, thereby allowing access to LAN devices through the VPN. If it is set to 0, it will be disabled and no access is allowed.

Troubleshooting Steps:
To solve this issue:

• Connect to the device’s web interface and navigate to Setup → System → Storage → Tabular Edition → Edit COM cfg and search for RtEnIpFwrd. Double click the value to edit, set it to 1, save, and reboot the Ewon.
  • After rebooting, check that the value is now 1. If it isn’t, verify that the Ewon has a WAN port. If every Ethernet port is set to work as a LAN port, RTEnIpFwrd cannot be changed.
  1. Device not configured for access through M2Web

If LAN devices can be reached through eCatcher but not M2Web, there is likely an issue how the devices are configured in eCatcher.

Troubleshooting Steps:
Ensure that M2Web access is enabled in the device’s configuration in eCatcher. Click on the Ewon in eCatcher → Properties → Configure LAN Devices & Firewall, then either select the device from the list and choose Properties or add a new device if it’s not present. At the bottom of the LAN Device popup, ensure “Visible in M2Web” is checked, and that the protocol, port, and home page (if any) are set appropriately.