Ewon Cosy with sim card connection dropping after 1 hour

Hi,

We have a customer in the Czech republic using a Ewon cosy 131 with sim card.
I have being trying to upload a PLC program but after exactly 1 hour the connection drops.
Could there be anything withing the Ewon / account settings that could cause this?

Regards

Lee Hancock

Hi Lee,

Can you check and make sure that his Cosy is using TCP instead of UDP. A lot of the time this issue occurs because the default is UDP and if you don’t have a very reliable connection you might run into issue because UDP has no packet correction.

If it is using TCP and still running into this issue, can you verify that his cell provider doesn’t have a minimum number of data is requires before sending anything? I’ve seen this issue before with a couple of verizon customers

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response

Would I need somebody to connect to the Ewon locally and run the Talk2M wizard?
I’m a bit concerned if I do it remotely way may lose the connection altogether

Thanks

Lee

Hi Lee, you should be able to do this remotely. If the device fails going through the wizard with TCP then it will revert back to it’s old UDP settings. However, if you make the changes through the ComCFG instead of the wizard and the device doesn’t connect, it won’t revert to the old working settings. So we would recommend doing this through the wizard.

OK Thanks Tim.

I will try this tomorrow

Best Regards

Lee

Ok thanks, let me know what you find out

Hi Tim,

The connection still dropped with forced TCP,
But I noticed on the internal log on the cosy
Event 22055 “The maximum connection time has been exceeded”
so after looking online I changed the max call duration parameter from 60 to 0 and it seems to of resolved the problem

Thank you for your support

Best Regards

Lee

Hi Lee,

Glad to hear that you were able to get the device up and running. Let me know if you have any additional questions

-Tim