eWON Cosy131 connection issue

I have a problem with accessing one of my virtual LAN networks. Attached is network layout drawing. Please look at it and tell me why I can’t access vlan 11 from remote location. While connected locally to vlan 5 user can access devices
located on all vlans.

Andrew Wojtkowski

Senior Programmer

Try this:

-add a route on the eCatcher PC to reach the device network

-add a route in the ewon in the static route table to reach the device network

Thanks. Could you send me document that describes this procedure step by step with proper syntax.

image001.jpg

I tried and it did not work. See attached screen shots.

image001.jpg

Hi Andrew,

You’ll need to create the static route in the Cosy itself. Here is a thread that explains it in the Flexy:

The Cosy however, doesn’t have the same GUI, so you will need to enter the static route by going to Setup > System > Storage > Edit COM cfg:

Also, the static route will need to be added on the PC where you are running eCatcher as shown in the first thread:

EXAMPLE: Once connected via eCatcher, open command prompt as administrator

Format = route ADD destination_network MASK subnet_mask gateway_ip

Route ADD 10.0.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.10

Kyle

What about line RouteHops1 in COM Cfg. Should I leave it at 0 or enter specific value?

image001.jpg

My subnet 192.168.1.xxx connected to eWON LAN has gateway IP 192.168.1.1, should I still use 192.168.1.10 in Route command?

image001.jpg

You need to enter the number of hops the route makes, probably 2 in this case.

What is 192.168.1.10?

See below

image001.jpg

Oh, the 192.168.1.10 was part of an example, those were just random IP addresses, they have nothing to do with your network. So you should not use that IP address. You should use your actual gateway address.

Image did not get through. Try to send as attachment.

image001.jpg

eWON has 3 LAN ports. Is it possible to map them to different subnets. If yes, than how?

image001.jpg

Hi Andrew

No you cannot assign multiple subnets. As I mentioned in my email from yesterday, you can only assign one network on the lan side of the cosy. The three ports are for connecting multiple devices incase there is no switch available. It is basically an unmanaged
switch.

Regards

image001.jpg

1 Like

The Cosy 131 was designed to provide remote access to a single LAN or machine network. There is the work-around to create the static routes, but it’s not ideal as you have to create a route on each PC you are going to use to connect, and if the VPN IP address of your Cosy changes, you will have to update the route as well.