EWON COZY 141

I have a working internet connection however, when I goto run the Talk 2 M configuration I keep getting this message

HTTPS dialog failed (SSL negotiation failed: Secure connection truncated)

The IT department there says there is no proxy server to connect to and the internet connection is working this unit has firmware 11.3

Hi Bryan,

Some things to check for:

1. Make sure that the date and time are correct on the Ewon.
  2. Find out if the network firewall is doing SSL/TLS or packet inspection. This will prevent the VPN from connecting and must be disabled for the Ewon.
  3. Find out if the network firewall is doing any Application Layer Blocking. Look for OpenVPN or VPN in the applications and make sure they are allowed.

For more info about firewall configuration, please see: Ewon Technical Support - Talk2M VPN Servers

There is a Connection Checker utility that you can run to test the network as well there.

Best Regards,

Kyle

I was able to run the connection checker and the connection passed the test I have saved the log files its connecting to server 28 which is in the eastern us.
However when we run the test on the EWON it still is failing.

Where can I paste the messages from the event log or email them to you?

You probably should create a case at https://support.hms-networks.com and attach the logs as well as a backup of the Ewon. To create the backup, use eBuddy and check the box “Include Support Files”.