Ewon Cozy Firmware Version

Hello,

On the Ewon, under “System Info”, then “Info” I see Description “Firmware Version” with a value of 786433. Then I see Description “Code Name” a value of 12.1s2.

Is this telling me current firmware version is 12.1s2?

Thanks

Bob

Hi @ACG

You’re correct, the firmware version that you are on is version 12.1s2. The most recent version of firmware we have is 14.0s2. I’ll attach a link that goes over the update procedure if you’re interested.

You can also see what firmware your device has by opening up eBuddy:

We can’t connect to our HMI’s using M2Web. When launching, it open a new tab and there is a login for FTVP.

Will upgrading the firmware version solve this?

We can launch the HMI from eCatcher and it does work with FTVP

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Could you try loading the device in eCatcher Mobile on a phone or tablet and see if you can reach your HMI that way?

Thanks
-Tim

Hi Tim,

We can connect to HMI’s using eCatcher on PC or eCatcher on iPhone/iPad.

Just can’t connect to HMI’s on M2Web using HTTP Port 80 or HTTPS Port 443. PC, iPhone & iPad. This is what we need for our Client to monitor View Only.

We can connect to HMI’s on M2Web using VNC on PC, iPhone & iPad. However that is not something suitable for our Client to monitor.

THanks,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Just to make sure, when you say you can connect with your Phone/Ipad are you using eCatcher or eCatcher Mobile? eCatcher Mobile is similar to M2web but it has been updated more recently than M2Web. I just want to verify if this may be an issue with M2Web

Hi Tim,

Using eCatcher mobile on iPhone/iPad.

Thanks,

Bob

This may be an issue with M2Web then, could you make us a temporary user on your account and I can check if there’s anything we can do to try and connect with M2Web? I’ll make your response hidden so it can only be seen by HMS internal members

Hi Tim,

[Redacted]

Thanks,

Bob Sanders

Hi Tim,

Have you looked at this yet?

Thanks,

Bob Sanders

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay on this, I escalated this issue on Tuesday, but I haven’t heard back from my colleague yet. I’ll ping him again and try and get a response.

-Tim

Hi Bob,

I just heard back from him. He wanted to know what kind of HMI this was.

He also said when he was taking a look at the logs he saw several links are broken. But it’s something that should be able to be fixed through development.

However, the device must remain online for a long time (till the developer looks at it and that must be prioritised and planed). If that’s alright with you he said he’ll put it into their development list

Hi Tim,

HMI is a PanelViewPlus 7 Performance model, manufactured by Rockwell Automation.

Normal Operations are the device is online from Sunday 10 pm to Friday 10 pm, Central Standard Time.

I will set the “Visible in M2Web” connection type back to VNC, until I receive notice back that this is ready to be looked at.

When I hear back, I will set the “Visible in M2Web” connection type to HTTP, Port 80.

Will that work?

Thanks,

Bob Sanders

Thanks Bob, I’ll send him over the info and see what I can find out

Hi Tim,

Did the developer or anyone else make a change?

Before submitting an issue to you, in M2web we were able to open each HMI using VNC and monitor all 4 at the same time.

Now I launch an HMI, opens in a new tab, then click okay to the blank VNC password, no problem. But then try to open another HMI and before clicking okay to the VNC password, the previous HMI either disconnects OR the newly launched one shows “An internal error has occurred within the server, and the connection has been terminated. Maybe the VNC password is wrong.”

There is no VNC password being used.

Please advise!

Thanks,

Bob Sanders

Hi Bob,

As far as I know nobody from the Belgian team have had time to work on this yet. I’m not really sure what issue might have happened with this right now. I can check with them on what might have happened but I won’t hear back until Monday

Hi Tim,

Well the log shows them connected several times on 2/6/2020.

Thanks,

Bob Sanders

Hi Tim,

Thought we were to be alerted when the developers wanted to login.

On 2/11/2020 the ACG-HMS-SUPPORT login we created for HMS was used to login in to M2web (See screenshot)

Later that day we experienced a critical error on 2 HMI’s and need to be able to eliminate something done by HMS developers.

Please advise!

Thanks,

Bob Sanders

Hi Bob,

Sorry about the issues you’re seeing. As far as I know the developers shouldn’t be making any changes in your HMI. Is there any way you could provide us with the logs from that HMI so we can investigate the changes and errors?

-Tim

Do you think the changes were made on the eWON side or on the HMI side?