EWon Cozy tech support

Hello,

Could you please forward me to technical support. I seem to be having a routing issue with connecting to a Beckhoff PLC via an eWon cozy 131.

Thanks,

Ryan Stupy

Controls Engineer

Hi Ryan,

We received a message that you are having problem communicating with your Beckhoff PLC. Have you communicated with this device before connected to the plc or are you setting it up right now?

-Zach

Yes, we have connected in the past many times. However, this is the first time since I reactivated the talk 2 m certification…? There is actually two separate devices in a customers plant in similar machines (both Beckhoff controllers) that have worked in the past. I am able to get into the customers network. The TwinCat software finds the PLC, but when I attempt to establish ADS communication with it, it fails. I had Beckhoff WebEx earlier today to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. He seems to think it is a routing problem through the eWon. He also seemed to think eWons have had issues with Beckhoffs in the past?

Thanks,

Ryan

Any ideas?

Hi Ryan,

Sorry for the delay. I would suggesting trying to enable broadcast forwarding on the device. He is a document on it for you.

-Zach

Trasparent Forwarding?

Hi Ryan,

Sorry for the delay. Has this been resolved yet? If not it looks like your firmware can be updated to 13.2 and I would suggest trying that to see if it fixes your issue.

No, this hasn’t been resolved yet. It seems like the eWon is working…partially. I am able to get into the eWon’s LAN. I am able to remote into computers on that LAN. So the eWon is working. But when I try to connect using the Twincat software (Beckhoff’s PLC programming software) it fails on ADS communication. And Beckhoff is leaning toward the eWon not supporting that communication. However we have done this before… Any other suggestions?

Hi Ryan,

I have not been able to find a reason why the Beckhoff was able to communicate using ADS and is no longer able to. I am going to be escalating this ticket for a solution. Reactivating a talk2m certification would not prevent this communication. Do you know of anything else that may have changed since you communicated last using this Cosy device?

Hi Ryan,

I have received a response to this issue. the Beckhoff PLC you have does not support are Plug’N route feature so that has to be disabled.

In the COM file you will have to change NATItf to 0. Then make sure that the devices have the eWON LAN IP as their default gateway. I have attached a document that explains the process.

-Zach

How are you accessing the “Com File”? I am going into the eWon via the web server. But I do not see anything relating to
NATItf. Below is a screenshot of what I see when I go to the communication config tab. Please advise.

It is located in storage>tabular edition>Edit COM cfg.