Ewon Data Logging every 5 seconds

My customer wants to log a tag every 5 seconds so they can get rid of their Chart Recorder. What is the best way to achieve this? Will this accumulate too much data to the point where the memory is too saturated? Please advise. Thanks!

Hello @Augie,

This might be possible but you will need to look at how much data is being logged and what the logging requirements of the device are. The Flexy uses a FIFO logging file with 6MB log partition by default. Each point will take up 16 bits of data. (data structure ) With the default memory format of you have a 6MB log partition on the Flexy. This will gives you 375, 000 data points.

I go over the logging and data usage in the following post it should help you calculate if you would be able to log it all internally. I also discuss the use of an SD cards to export log data. Another option would be to send emails with the logs. Questions about the Flexy

Deryck

Thank you for the feedback. I failed to mention we don’t have to log it internal to the Flexy. We are using a third party software that is pulling data after a certain interval of time. This software captures the data and logs all data into CSV files on a server/PC. I am confused as to which component is the issue. Data collector Software or Flexy. I almost want to have a three way conversation with the Data Collector folks and you guys. I know you are not familiar with the software but apparently someone from your company has dealt with these folks at on time. I will find out who it was and see if they can point me in the right direction. Because the data logged is not consistent. Thanks I will be in touch.

Hello Augie,

Ah yes this sounds a bit more complex then I was thinking if it is just one tag every 5 seconds you should be fine but this could start being an issue if you start to add more tags.

Do you know how the data collector folks are getting data off of the Flexy? This seems like a good place to use MQTT if their software supports it. We have this topic on hms.how witha an example: Mqtt

They can also use our m2web api to make get requests for data. https://developer.ewon.biz/content/m2web-api-0

Deryck

Sorry for the delay. Thank you for the feedback. I will begin researching this.