EWON down

Thanks for this documentation. I have a case out with Palo Alto Networks. If it’s a firewall issue, they will help me resolve this. I’ll keep you updated.
Thanks again, Fred

Kyle

A Palo Alto Networks engineer has determined the firewall is not blocking the EWON:

“From looking at the packet captures and flow basic, I do not believe the firewall is causing the OpenVPN to not connect.
All ports are allowed so nothing is being blocked by the firewall. I see the packets being sent and returned are going through the firewall.”

I’m not sure what else to do. If you don’t have any further recommendations, I’ll notify the manager of the department that has the EWON so he can contact the vendor and get a tech onsite to look at it. Thank you Fred

Hi Fred,

If the firewall is not blocking the VPN connection than I suspect an issue with the device itself. It will be easiest at this point to just do a factory reset. Prior to the reset, please do a backup using eBuddy. Here is the procedure:

• Power the unit OFF and ON again

• Immediately press and hold the reset button (labelled BI1 by the SD card slot on the Flexy 201) while connecting to power. The LED labeled BI1 turns ON.

• Wait approximately 35+ seconds until the USR LED flashes RED for a few seconds and then remains steady RED.

• When this state is reached, release the button. The LED labeled BI1 turns OFF.

• Check if the auto test is successful, the USR LED flashes RED with a pattern of 200ms ON
and 1,5 sec OFF1

. The eWON COSY does NOT restart in normal mode by itself and remains running in this diagnostic mode.

• You have to power the eWON COSY OFF and ON again to reboot the unit in normal mode. As described before, the eWON returns to its default COM parameters and factory IP addresses (like LAN 10.0.0.53) after this level 2 reset is performed.

After resetting the device, run the wizards and see if you can complete the process and connect with eCatcher. (You will need the authorization key found in eCatcher, in the devices Properties > Talk2M Connectivity section to enter into the VPN Wizard) Later, I can help you configure the settings from your backup.

If the devices still doesn’t work after this, you should try it from another network.

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle - I’ll try the reset. You can go ahead and close this. Thank you

Topic closed due to inactivity.