eWON Enable NTP Server Checkbox

Hello,

I was wondering if the issue of the ‘Enable NTP Server’ box becoming unchecked has been an issue that HMS has seen. Anecdotally, I have noticed the “Enable NTP Server” checkbox become unchecked on multiple eWONs with different firmware. The current firmware is 14.2s0 and the box became unchecked this past week. Do you have any history of this being an issue and do you know of a solution?

Alternatively, could an alarm be set up to alert when the box becomes unchecked?

I can’t think of a reason that would cause this to become unchecked, but do you have a usb or sd card in the device right now?

Or did you check to make sure that you hit the update button down below after you make the change? You may need to reboot the device for this setting to apply

-Tim

Hi Tim,
No, we don’t have a USB or an SD card. Yes, the update button was definitely clicked because the NTP Server was working for a while before there was a sync error, which is when I noticed the box became unchecked. I will keep an eye on it and try to gather more data points if it happens again, I just wanted to see if this was a known error.

Is it possible to configure an alert to notify via an email when the box becomes unchecked?
Thank you for your help!

I don’t think that there’s any other reason that this would be changing on its own but I’m checking with my colleague on the development team.

I checked and it doesn’t look like this parameter is in our COMcfg section but it doesn’t seem to be. I’m trying to find out if we can modify it in the syscfg but I’m still looking into that part of the issue to see if we can tie it to an alarm.

You should be able to do something like this in your BASIC IDE section

tset 1,3600 // sets a timer to run once an hour
ontimer 1, “@ntp_check()” // when the timer goes off once an hour, it calls the function below
Function ntp_check()

SETSYS SYS,“load” // grabs the system configuration values
yourtagname@ = GETSYS SYS,“NTPRelayEnable” // grabs the NTP Relay value and ties it to your tag

Endfn

You just need to create a tag that you can setup to alarm if the value goes to 0 instead of 1. Or you could just do an if statement where if the value goes to 0 then it will write a value of 1 to it. But it really shouldn’t be changing on its own

-Tim

Great, thanks! I was thinking the Alarm will help with troubleshooting. I will update this chain if I find any new information that might help identify the error.

1 Like

Thanks let me know what you find out about this issue and if it keeps occurring

Hi Tim,

I set up the tag to trigger the alarm and the NTP Server checkbox switched off again at 3:54 PM this afternoon. Nobody was in the eWON or using the LAN manually at that time.

That is really strange, but in the meantime while we look into this you could do something like this in your code where it will set the value back to 1 if it notices that it has a value of 0

If yourtagname@ = 0 then

SETSYS SYS, “load”
SETSYS SYS,“NTPRelayEnable”,“1”
SETSYS SYS,“save”

Endif

HI Ryan,

I’m going to mark this solved for now, but let me know if you’re still having issues with this after putting that code in the Basic section

-Tim