Ewon Ethernet port Issues

Hello,

I am the distributor out of Fresno, California and we sold a couple Ewon Cosys to a customer of ours, Design Machine & Mfg. Both Cosys experienced the same problem, their Ethernet ports failed to function. I was able to get one of the two Ewons working again via a firmware Update with an SD card. I attempted this same procedure with the second Ewon but it was not successful. I tried all of the versions of the recovery and regular firmware updates on this Ewon nothing seems to help.

Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Attached are photos of the Ewon I am having problems with.

Thank you,

Hi Alex,

On the second device I would suggest a factory reset.

Instructions from page 27 of the cosy 131 manual:

How do I generate a second level reset?

• Power the unit OFF and ON again

• Immediately press and maintain the reset button. The LED labeled BI1 turns ON.

• Wait approximately 35 seconds until the USR LED remains RED steady.

• When this state is reached, release the button. The LED labeled BI1 turns OFF.

• Check if the auto test is successful, the USR LED flashes RED with a pattern of 200ms ON
and 1,5 sec OFF1

. The eWON COSY does NOT restart in normal mode by itself and
remains running in this diagnostic mode.

• You have to power the eWON COSY OFF and ON again to reboot the unit in normal
mode. As described before, the eWON returns to its default COM parameters and
factory IP addresses (like LAN 10.0.0.53) after this level 2 reset is performed.

Hi Zack,

I have attempted to do the factory reset multiple times but it is not working.

The USR light does not flash. It remains a constant red.

Thank you for your assistance,

Hi Alex,

Can you let me know which firmware this device currently has?

NOTE: Read First
If you’re on firmware 11.0 or higher you could also try and update your firmware through eBuddy or FTP. You will need to perform intermediate updates for these. Ex: if you’re on 11.0, you’ll need to go to 12.0 before you can update to 13.0.

Firmware download link:
https://websupport.ewon.biz/support/product/manual-firmware-update/manual-firmware-download

For eBuddy:
Right click on the device and go to update firmware. After this check the boxes for passive mode, an denable pre-release firmwares. Set the FTP Port to 21. Make sure that the Serial number or IP address is correct and enter your admin login info. By default this should be adm and adm.

After this you can select which version you want to upgrade to. Make sure to do intermediate upgrades. then hit next and the upgrade should start.

For FTP:
You’ll need to download the edf files from this link. Set the Pcode to 21, set the revision to the one that you need, and you can leave the language at MA (all supported languages) and then hit the download button.

For this one, we’ll need to go onto the devices FTP. so I need you to go to a file explorer and type in FTP://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where the x’s are the device IP address. then I need you to take this file and place it in that directory. After closing the window, the device should reboot with the new firmware.

For Recovery:
If the firmware is lower than this, you could also try and perform a recovery on the device. To do this right click on the device and go to ewon recovery. After this enter the serial number (this can be done even if the device appearing in ebuddy by right clicking on the screen and going to ewon recovery).

• NOTE: you will need a 10/100 switch between the computer and the device or the device may be damaged during this process.

After this is done you will need to go onto the firmware download link above and set the pcode to 21, pick your revision, set language to MA and go to flexy & Cosy 131 recovery. Once this is downloaded, you’ll need to go to your computer’s C drive > Program Files x86 > eBuddy > Firmware > and then paste the ebu files in this location.

Once this is done, you should have the option to select the version of the firmware you want to download. It will have you then turn the device off and while the device is off, push down the reset key and keep it held down while you power the device back on. After a few seconds you should see a prompt on the screen telling you to push the reset button 2 more times and then the recovery should begin.

Hi Tim,

I do not know what firmware is in the Ewon. The Ewon is new, so I am assuming it has the latest firmware.

Unfortunately, nothing has corrected the issue. Unless you have some other ideas I think we should consider getting the unit replaced or repaired.

Have a nice day,

Alex

Hi Alex,

if you go onto eBuddy, that will be able to show you what the current firmware of the device is.

Before we go through a replacement or repair though, I’d like to try a recovery on the device if you have a 10/100 switch. It could be that the device got stuck in a weird state. Or could I go on and take a look at the device on teamviewer with you?

Hi Tim,

I can’t tell you what the firmware is because I can’t get the Ewon to show up in eBuddy because none of the Ethernet ports work. I also can’t get the 10/100 switch recovery method to work. I know that it is not any of my cabling or computer because I can connect to a different Ewon just fine.

We can try TeamViewer if you want.

Have a nice day,

Alex

Hi Alex,

can you give me a call at 312 893 5636 when you get the chance or give me a time when I can call you? Then we can go on the teamviewer and take a closer look

Topic closed due to inactivity.