Ewon firmware update remotely

I want to update a eWon flexy with 8.1S1 firmware.
It’s have to done remotely, what’s the right way to do it.
First upgrade the firmware with eBuddy recovery.
from 8.1s1 to 9.0s0 to 10.s0 to 11.0s0 and finally with FTP to 13.2s0.
I don’t want to lose my configuration.

kind regards, Alex

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately, you can’t upgrade an eWON recovery remotely. This will need to have somebody local in order to do this. If you can get somebody to the location we can walk them through the recovery procedure and they should just be able to do a recovery from 8.1S1 to 13.2s0.

Thanks,
-Tim

Hmm i was already afraid you gonna give me that answer.
The custumer service guy of my supplier was convinced it is possible over ftp.
I gonna give him a call next week he’s not right.
The eWon with the 8.1S1 is running ok, i wanted somthing to test with so i leave it this way.
I ordered a new one so i can test it without troubles.
If i want to upload new firmware local when it’s possible, can i upgrade from 8.1S1 to 13.0S2 directly with recovery option or one by one throug firmware upload?

Kind regards

Alex.

Hey Alex,

Unfortunately you can only do that FTP upgrade once the firmware is on 11.0 or higher and that one would be a little more incremental where we’d need to go from 11 to 12 to 13 to 13.2

With a recovery, you can go directly from 8.1 to 13.0 or 13.2

If you do have somebody on site though we could either walk them through the process or you can show them the post below if you still want to go through with the upgrade.

-Tim

Ok Tim,

thanks for the extensive explanation.
The device has 8.1S1 as I already mention, so I have only 2 option local.
But it’s not necessary because I have a new one to test with and this one has the new firmware.
The next time when I’m on the plant I will upgrade the flexy with the 8.1S1 firmware with this nice Manuel.

Kind regards,

Alex.

You’re welcome!

Let me know if you run into any issues when you try and do the upgrade