eWON Flexy 201 with FLB3271 in slot 4 Bouncing

Hello,

I have a 201 with 3101 (slot 1) and 3271 in slot 4.

The WiFI bounces, and in e Catcher, the device is up and down.

The hard line is temporary, and needs to be connected eventually.

RSSI is mid 20’s.

What could be causing this, Antenna is mounted outside the control panel.

Hi @pkalika

Could you send us a backup.tar file with the support files included from eBuddy? This will help us narrow down why the device might be getting disconnected. Another thing you could check would be to setup a wifi hotspot on your phone and connect the flexy to that and see if it stays connected or keeps changing between online and offline. This would help indicate if it’s an issue with the network or the Flexy.

-Tim

I am off today, I will update on Monday.

Thanks Tim.

Hi @pkalika,

Sounds good to me. We can take a look at it Monday.

-Tim

Good Morning Tim,

Please find the attached tar files.

I also had this question for IT support on site…

“Paul, thanks for the feedback. Can you ask eWON / HMS what is the transmit power of the antenna? The datasheet mentions input power 19dBm. I will just like them to confirm that so I can increase the transmit power on the AP near by to improve the signal. Thank you.”

Can you have them verify that these ports and addresses are open/whitelisted on their wifi network?

kb-0209-00-en-adresses-and-ports-used-by-talk2m.pdf (290.9 KB)

Can you send us the part number for the antennae you’re using?

We have purchased the extension cable from our distributor, so we are using the same antenna, just on an extension.

image005.jpg

image002.jpg

Hi @pkalika,

As far as I know the datasheet with the input power showing 19dBM should be correct.

-Tim

Thank you, I have asked the IT consultant this question and forwarded the document you referenced.

Hello,

This is the response from the IT consultant when asked about Firel Wall configuration.

“Hi Paul, thank you for the feedback and continued support. The issue with the eWon device dropping is not related to firewall configurations. I believe that at
this point we have made good progress and seeing a more stable Wi-Fi connection for the eWon device.”

Hi @pkalika,

Do you think they’re all set with the WIFI on this device then? Or do they still want us to look into this?

Thanks,
-Tim

Thank you Sir,

Are there any Antenna upgrades that are recommended or supported?

Any suggestions?

They would like to know what is causing the offline/online.

Is it signal strength or something else.

They are looking for answers, suggestions etc.

I am in Toronto Canada, and they are in South Carolina.

image005.jpg

image002.jpg

You might be able to find a WIFI signal booster or range extender that could potentially help you get a better connection.

As for what might be causing the disconnections right now though, it’s a little difficult to say. Could you remove the fallback connection temporarily and let the device go offline a few times when it’s connected to the internet over Wifi? It looks like there’s not too much information in the event logs about when this happens, and when it does happen it gets covered up because it falls back to the other connection

Hello,

I did not hear back on this question below.

Are there any Antenna upgrades that are recommended or supported?

Any suggestions?

Sorry about that,

In terms of antenna upgrades, we can only really recommend the approved antennas we sell. You could in theory use different antennas but we’d have no way of confirming they are FCC complaint.

-Tim

Okay, thanks,

Do you have model numbers of the antennas you sell?

image005.jpg

image002.jpg

This is what we currently have…

image005.jpg

image002.jpg