Ewon Flexy 202 and efive using honeywell RTU plc SC-UCNN11

Dear Expert!

Please anyone can help me it was actually my first time to use ewon. We have a project RTU PLC and the type honeywell SC-UCNN11 and using eWON FLB32020 Flexy 202 and eWON eFive can someone help me how I will configure it. if someone can share procedure manual. Thank you!

Sandee

Hi Sandee,

Here’s an eFive setup guide I wrote a while ago that should help get you most of the info you’ll need for the initial setup between the eFive and the Flexy.

How to Setup an eFive v1.4.zip (585.6 KB)

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for your earliest response just to give you an idea about our PLC please see this picture.

As you can see which communication from this controller I will use to get data from this plc through ewon Flexy 202 & eFive. For the time being I will start to follow the manual you have provided and get back to you the output.

Sandee

For that Honeywell PLC do you know what kind of communication it uses? Is it a Modbus device?

Yes! the following communication is available in this controller

1. Modbus TCP via Ethernet port
  2. Modbus RTU RS-232 via RJ-45 and RS-485 via 2-wire
  3. Ethernet I/P
  4. OPC UA
  5. DNP3

Thank you!

Sandee

Ok, after you get the Flexy connected to the eFive I’d probably recommend going through with the first option using Modbut TCP through the ethernet port. You’ll just need to make sure that the local side of the Ewon is in the same range as the IP address of the PLC. Then you can go to the IOserver section and setup the timeout/slave address for the device. Once that’s done you can just make tags and read them in the values section of the Flexy

Ok Tim but would you mind sharing the file for flexy configuration of PLC tag i have the following number of tags to be mapped.

20 Digital Input
12 Digital Output
16 Analog Input
4 Analog Output

Sandee

We don’t have a file for something like this but you could create these individual tags in this section

OK Thank you very much! I have 1 question about the Flexy 202 and eFive testing. Actually we need to conduct a Factory acceptance test (FAT) by next week September 15, 2020 for the RTU PLC after the activities that’s the only time I can start my configuration for eWON hardware and I hope you could help me if ever I get stuck in my configuration. My question about the connection testing is it ok to use my mobile sim card which having Data for internet and for the eFive switch I can use the wifi router DSL to establish connectivity. Thank you!

Sandee

To make sure I understand, do you mean that you’re going to be using something like a hot spot with an ethernet cable into the WAN port of the eFive?

Hi Tim,

Actually in order for me to test the flexy 202 and eFive hardware please correct me with this idea.

For FLB3202 flexy 202 i will insert my personal sim card which having access to internet

see pitcure Mobile internet package

For eFive switch I will connect it to our DSL router to access internet.

sample modem

I wanna know if this is possible

thank you!

If you want to use a personal SIM card that should be possible, but you need to make sure that you have a 3G SIM card and that you know what the APN is for that SIM card.

I think you should be ok with connecting the eFive to your router for internet access

ok Tim thank you I will try it.

Hi Tim,

We have completed our Factory acceptance test (FAT) our client give a comments about ewon hardware Flexy 202 & eFive can you share the files related to below compliance.

Thank you for your kind support!

Sandee

I think the closest thing I’ll be able to quickly find would be the datasheets for our devices that show what the device was tested against.