EWON Flexy 202 NAT setup

Hey, I’m trying to configure the NAT option on the Flexy 202 that I have.
I have the LAN and the WAN IP’s set and I can see the flexy from both networks but I am unable to connect to a specific device through the flexy. I assume I am just missing something simple.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jason

Hello @Jason.Salmond,

Did you enable all these settings? NAT 1:1 on the Flexy - #2 by support_hms
Please note: You will need to enable the WAN IP forwarding setting as well to allow WAN traffic from the LAN. Please see these instructions (the instructions are referencing the COSY 131, but it just as applicable to the Flexy).

Updating your flexy’s firmware to the latest version will surely help as well. Let me know how it goes!

Best regards,
Juliana

Hi Juliana,
I think the firmware is the issue. I don’t see the NAT 1:1 option at all. The Flexy is at version 8. I did try to update to Ver14 but the process kept failing. I got redirected to the restore option on ebuddy which I tried and received the error “security negotiation failed.” My next step based on the same issue being posted on the forum is to try updating progressively but I can’t find the older versions of the firmware online.

Hello @Jason.Salmond,

Yeah, the firmware is definately the issue in this case. I believe firmware v8.0 does not support NAT1:1. Please see the email I just sent you, and you’ll be able to update it till v12.0, then after that you can try to update it to v14 (I could not find a v13 file).

Let me know if this helps!

Best regards,
Juliana

Hi Juliana,
Thanks for the files. I am still unable to update however. I have tried with the SD card, FTP and through the ebuddy app. The files you sent are .edf for which I don’t see a clear method of doing the update online. Ebuddy doesn’t seem to recognize any location except direct download from the internet and FTP won’t allow me to overwrite the existing .edf file. The SD card doesn’t seem to be recognized by the ewon either by directly plugging in when powered or when booting with the card in place. Is there something I am doing wrong to get the update to take?
Thanks
Jason

Hi @Jason.Salmond,

I believe you are doing everything right, and the .edf file is for firmware updates bewteen minor versions (i.e v8 to v9, then v9 to v10, and so on), and .edu file is for pivot firmware updates of firmware versions that are mandatory to upgrade to before going any higher (i.e v12, v13, v14). This is an old device unfortunately, and if the manual firmware update is not going through and you are not able to recover the device through eBuddy, there is nothing else you could do but to replace the device with a new one since it is probably out of warranty (or we’d issue an RMA).

Best regards,
Juliana

Hi Juliana,

Thanks for the info. As one last attempt would it be possible to get the .edu files for v9, v10, v11 to see if the recovery option will work for those versions? The other ones are available online but I wanted to try incrementally through ebuddy if at all possible with the lower versions.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @Jason.Salmond,

Those firmware versions only exist in .edu format because they are not part of the pivot firmware group, so they are only available in .edf format unfortunately.

You can read more about it on the FAQ towards end of this page: Ewon Technical Support - Firmware

Best of luck!
Juliana