Ewon flexy 205 frequently losing connection

Hello I have been experiencing frequent lost connections. Is there any setting that will help optimize my connection? It is currently set up on a WAN connection. Thanks in advance.

What type of WAN? (Ethernet, WiFi, Cellular) How often do they happen and for how long have you noticed this?

Can you please make a backup of the device using eBuddy and select ‘Include Support files’ and send that to us?

Thank you,

Kyle

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (1.2 MB)

It happens at least a few times an hour and it started a month ago.

I sent you back up but not sure how to send support files.

Thanks Kyle

Augie

Hi Augie,

Looking in the logs I’m seeing what appears to be a lot of EMI that is effecting the switch ports on the Flexy. Do you have a source of EMI close to the device?

Also, are you connecting 2 different PLCs to this device? It looks like you are using the ABLOGIX and DF1 IO Servers.

Kyle

Yes I am using two types of PLC’s and I will have to look in the cabinet to check where the Flexy is mounted…Could it be the cables going to the Flexy or the Flexy it self being near other devices the generate EMI?

Yes, it could be the cables or the port itself, but it is detecting a lot EMI and restarting the ports continuously.

Kyle

Is there any way I can access these logs so I can start trouble shooting? You also asked if I was using two types of PLC’s. Is this going to cause any issues? Please advise.

Thanks!
Augie

Having two different types of PLCs is not an issue. I was asking because I saw both IO servers were running and wanted to check if they were both in use or not.

You can check the logs through the web interface under Diagnostic > Logs or download the files. If you make a backup and include the Support files, those are the logs, and they are put in a compressed tar file that you can extract using 7zip on Windows or tar on Linux.

The errors indicating EMI look something like this:

1554233737	02/04/2019 12:35:37	pla-Switch monitoring (<a data-jx href='/rcgi.bin/wsdForm?AST_ErrorMsg=switch monitor activated&sys_Csave=1&sys_SWITCH_MONITOR=1'>counters fix here</a>)			0	1073762010

We are seeing a lot of them, so you can try moving the device or cables and keep checking the logs. To give you an idea, here is the last bit of logs that you sent me:

Please let me know what you find.

Kyle

Can you please send me an example of what a solid connection looks like? I will let you know what I find. Thanks!

Good morning Augie,

As far as the logs go, you will stop seeing all the [pla-Switch monitoring] event and you will see less errors in general, less red and orange and more black text. Keep in mind the events are all time stamped so see

Kyle

Kyle
Here is a snapshot of the system yesterday with all the lines down. No 480 vac motors running. Can you see if there is less noise on the ports? Thanks. I had some issues trying to open the files myself. Thanks!

Augie,

Looking at the logs the EMI stopped on Friday. There is still an HTTP watchdog causing the device to reboot though. Are there a bunch of browser windows open to the ewon?

Could you stop the BASIC script running for a little while and see if it continues to reboot?

Kyle

No browsers running as far as I know. And the Basic Scripting should not be running.

I guess its possible multiple browsers running everybody sharing the same credentials which is one of my tasks to fix when everything is up and running. Might have to use a pro user account.

I have a third party working on this and im trying to look at the scripting but it keeps disconnecting.

doesnt look like it is running

You’re right, it’s not running.

Can you try this…

Go to Setup > System > Storage > Edit SYSTEM cfg and search for HTTP_REQTO. Change that value to 360, hit enter and make sure to save it. Then reboot the device. Let me know if that helps.

Kyle
I tried to change setting but seems to be timing out still.

Are you able to send a new backup with support files?

Here you go. The guys on site have already started separating Ethernet cables from 480 vac source. Hopefully you will see a difference. Thanks for all your help!