Ewon Flexy 205 FW 14.1s0 Shows Online in logs but offline as the status

Good morning

I am currently trying to connect to a remote Ewon which has been in the field for about a year now working as normal.

As of yesterday I have noticed that it shows it is offline in Ecatcher 6.6.4 (and 6.6.2 before this) and when you check the logs it indicates the device is online?
22/04/21 05:31:03 INFO: DEV937761:[vpn44] eWON Status ONLINE

As such I am unable to connect to the device and with some require remote changes required very soon need this resolving ASAP.

Best regards
BiotecVirus

Hello @BiotecVirus ,

Can you provide the serial number for your devices so I can check its server status?

We did have network maintenance yesterday that caused devices to show offline in ecatcher when they were still online. It has since been resolved.

Ewon Technical Support - Talk2M Status

Good afternoon Deryck,

Brilliant yes I can confirm I can see it now so thank you for that!

On another note I am having an issue with STMP emails that were sending no longer sending but this may need another topic to cover? In summary it was working and without any changes now is not. The error logs give a RX error around 20 seconds after the email has been triggered and there IT have plugged into the same switch and port and able to send emails with the details given to the EWon so not sure what’s incorrect here?

Best regards
Graham Foster

Hi @BiotecVirus ,

The email issue seems like it could be related to the email server or how the ewon is configured. The event logs should provide SMTP errors that should indicate what the issue is.

A new topic would make the most sense for this. If you can include a backup with support files we can double check the logs.

Deryck