eWON Flexy 205 losing WAN connection upon reboot

Hi Hms Team, we have an eWON Flexy that suffered a few reboots due to power outages, and after the most recent outage, the eWON hasn’t been able to re-establish its WAN connection. I had to go on-site and go through the Internet and VPN wizards again to make it connect.

Can I create a backup of the device remotely so you can take a look at it? Otherwise, I merely have a screenshot of its Event Logs.

Any ideas?

Yes, please use eBuddy to make a Backup of the device and select “Include Support Files”. That way we can see the full logs to get a better idea of what happened.

Thank you!

Heh, I’ll upload it again just in case. My previous link seems broken.
MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (113.5 KB)

@kyle_HMS No luck?

I’m sorry for the delay. I have been investigating this but it’s still not clear to me what caused this. Has it ever happened before, or just this one time?

Well there had been a few power outages before, and it’s the first time it couldn’t reconnect by itself. But it’s been running on-site only since september.

Can you go into the comcfg.txt file (Setup > System > Storage > Edit COM cfg) and change NATitf to 3? I’m not sure how it happened, but it appears it was reset to 0, and that can cause problems connecting to the internet.

Okay, I made the change. Do I need to reboot the Flexy?

I just googled a bit what NatItf is, and it seems related to LAN devices connected to the eWON? If so, this eWON has no ethernet devices connected to it except for the WAN connection to the router. We are using it to activate a relay on its extension card from another eWON using HTTP requests via the Talk2M API.

Thank you for your time btw.

In that case, it may not make much of a difference. The setting is for how to do NAT translation on the device and it sounds like you aren’t using NAT. Still, it’s best to leave on the default setting. I would monitor this Ewon to see if there are any more problems. If we see this behavior again, we can consider replacing it.

Ok, I’ll get back to you if it happens again. Thank you.