eWON Flexy 205 network configuration changed

We have an eWON Flexy 205 which was configured for DHCP on the WAN, and the Talk2M configuration had been set via the wizard. A few days ago, we noticed the eCatcher status started going offline and online intermittently. Investigation found that the WAN configuration had changed to Static, and Talk2M appeared to be unconfigured.

We recovered by running the Internet and VPN wizards again. The attached support backup is from shortly after we completed the recovery process.

To my knowledge, nobody altered any of the settings on this device. Can you look into what may have happened? Thanks in advance!

It looks like all of the data in the logs is from the 10th, do you know around what time it seemed to start going down? I don’t see anything obvious in the logs that show a change, but there shouldn’t be anything that would cause the device to change from DCHP to Static on its own.

It started on the 5th. In the logs for the eWon in eCatcher, it shows offline for a couple minutes, then online for 5-30 minutes, repeating until we investigated and re-ran the wizards.
Disclaimer - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged or copyrighted information. You must not present this message to another party without first gaining permission from the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, print, distribute or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify us. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. We do not guarantee that this email is free from viruses or any other defects although due care has been taken to minimize the risk.

Was there a time on the 10th where this happened again? the data in the event logs didn’t go any further back than that point.

Here are the logs for that Flexy from eCatcher, it happened a LOT on 8/10 until shortly after 3:00PM when we re-configured it.

~WRD000.jpg

8-12-20.device-logs.csv (63.7 KB)

Something happened around 3PM at that time that caused the primary connection to die and then it ended up using the secondary connection. If this is happening frequently could you try and do a wireshark capture on the WAN network and see what might be happening?

It’s not happening since we’ve run the wizards to correct the problem. We also updated the firmware in case that could’ve had something to do with it. If it becomes a problem again, I guess we’ll do a Wireshark capture.

~WRD000.jpg

Ok keep me updated with what you find out