Ewon flexy 205 port forwarding

Im installing a FLEXY 205 at a customers site and their IT dept needs to open a port. What port do I have them open up and can I set it up with a static IP on the WAN or is it better to leave it DHCP.
Thanks in advance

Hi @augie,

They don’t need to open an incoming port on the firewall and do port forwarding for the Flexy 205. We don’t recommend exposing the device directly to the internet. It just needs to have internet access and have outgoing ports 443 and 1194 open on the firewall. It often helps to whitelist our domain *.talk2m.com. Please see:

OK Thanks Kyle, sorry for the late response. Everything seems to be working properly.

Hi Kyle,
I have a similar kind of question.
Tommorow I will do an installation of an eWON 205 modem at customer side. For the VPN connection I mentioned to the IT dep to open port 443. However he mentioned that this port is already used by another device. So he proposed to setup a forward port to connect through port 443. Is this possible ?

Hi @Dewy,

They actually don’t need to open a port on the firewall because the Flexy is using outbound traffic to connect to the VPN, which is typically allowed by default. The IT department probably is has a web server using 443 which is incoming traffic. They just need to be sure that they aren’t doing SSL inspection or interception or blocking VPN traffic. If they are, they will have to whitelist the Flexy by IP or MAC address.

Also, if they are blocking access to certain sites, they’ll need to make sure access is allowed to these:

https://ewon.biz/technical-support/pages/talk2m-status/talk2m-vpn-servers

Let me know if you have any more questions or any trouble with the setup.

Kyle