eWon Flexy email

We have been using the email relay in the Flexy to email production reports at the end of the shift. We are doing this in a number of plants, but recently are having more trouble that the report emails are getting blocked by spam filters. We have worked with customers IT departments and have gotten most of them resolved.

My question is, is there a better option available? Could we set it up to use our Office 365 account to send the emails? Spam filters are getting more stringent about email relays.

Thanks Ray

Hey Ray,

You should be able to set your SMTP relay server here:

Tim,

Do you have any experience using Office 365 SMTP server with the Flexy? They require the TLS encryption method.

Ray

Hi Ray,

I’m going to check with some colleagues in Belgium and see if we currently support TLS encryption for SMTP. As far as I know we only support it for HTTPS but it might have been updated since I last checked.

Thanks,
-Tim

Ok, let me know what you find.

Ray

Hi Ray,

Unfortunately as of right now, TLS for SMTP hasn’t been implemented for these devices.

Ok, thanks for the update. As of now, we have found a work around and have all of our units working, but if they ever update and support TLS we will be interested in implementing that.

Thanks,

Ray

Hey Ray,

Thanks for the update, I’ll let you know if we end up support TLS in the future, but could you let us know what the work around you used was so that we can direct other customers to it for reference?

Thanks,
-Tim

Tim, I too would be curious about whether Belgium intends to add tls support for SMTP?
It’s necessary for using Amazon’s SES smtp interface.
Thanks.

Hi John,

As of right now it doesn’t look like this update will be coming soon

Has Ray provided the way to work around the issue? My company uses Outlook/Office365 and the emails from eWON keeps getting sent to quarantine. I like to use my email to test alarm emails to make sure they send out and we receive it. But I have to use my personal gmail instead of my work email which is Outlook.

I haven’t heard from @Ray_Miller yet but I’ll try and reach out to him.

Is there any way that you could add an exception to your server so that the ewon emails aren’t flagged?

I just figured out my issue. I had the “email from username” set up wrong. My emails are now not getting quarantined or put into spam. This also has fixed my text to email issue I was having earlier. Thanks!

1 Like

Tim,

Sorry for the late reply. We ended up using a different relay server that was provided by the company that they were using as a spam filter. At this point we have not yet found a way to use the Office 365 relay, but will let you know if we find a work around.

Thanks,

Ray

1 Like

Ok thanks for the update Ray

May I know any update on this topic?
Did you solve the problem?

Thanks