eWON Flexy interface with WAGO PLC using OPCUA protocol

Hello
A while back we did raised the concern on having unstable remote connection to a site equipment that is using WAGO PLC control system.
The unstabbed remote connection is keep going on, I can try to get current firmware version on the Flexy 201 same time I want to know is there any fixed made on recent released firmware that is addressing this issue. The following link below provided is whole communication happened last year when the issue was raised.
It is getting urgent stable remote connection, the site technicians are looking for solution to fix it rather spending time to troubleshoot it.
Appreciate if you can get connect with us and give an advice.

[eWon Flexy201 losing modem/internet config - Ewon Support / Ewon Flexy - hms.how (hms-networks.com)]
eWon Flexy201 losing modem/internet config

Thanks
Jeya

Hi @Jeya,

Is there any way you could get us a new backup.tar file from eBuddy with the support files included so that we make sure we’re dealing with the current issue for this device?

-Tim

Hi Tim

Thanks for your response,

I did the firmware update this morning form 14.2s0 to 14.3s0. Still the firmware update is not fixed the issue with Flexy 20x, It is keep rebooting upon POR while the ethernet cable is connected to the WAGO PLC.

We increased the custom script bootup delay time to 180Sec with 14.3s0, that seems is working for us now. In this way I configured 4 eWON devices. But not sure why 14.3s0 is not addressed the issue as we seen.

Attached the .tar for your reference.

Thanks
JeyaMOVED TO STAFF NOTE (219.5 KB)

Hi @Jeya, what do you mean when you said it keeps rebooting on POR, also did you keep in contact with Simon about the PLC issue or did you want me to ping him on this one again?

Hi Tim
It follows the original issue that we have experienced that When do Power ON Reset (POR or cycle power the whole control system) while eWON device is connected to WAGO PLC, the Flexy 2xx never come ON with steady state. It keeps reboots so that communication with is not established. We added 3 min (now) delay now to enable OPCUA communication on power on reset seems it works.
Anything could find from the .tar file?

Mike Coopola was handle this correspondence initiated last year, he changed different roll now, so I took over it. As per his comment, HMS need to sing the NDA so that we can provide the WAGO PLC program so that Simon can able to investigate the root course.

Tim, Have any Update?

Hi @Jeya,

Sorry for the delay, I was reaching out to Simon about this and he said that they just recently got the device you mentioned. He said he’s going to try and replicate your issue on his device and see what he can find when he has some time this week.

-Tim

Thanks Tim. Let me know anything is needed from our end.

Hi Jeya,

My colleague was asking which software needs to be used with this PLC and if you know where he can download it?

-Tim

Hi @Jeya,

Just wanted to check if you could let us know what software is required for this device?

-Tim

Hello @Jeya,

My colleague also sent me this:

I have set the PLC now and all is ok but I don’t know exactly how to set-up properly the OPC UA server on the PLC.

Can your customer help me to set properly my PLC for testing?

-Tim

Sorry on the delay, we need to sign NDA before we give the application program. I’m working on the document and let you know as soon as the document is ready.

Ok thanks, I’ll keep an eye out for that document

Looks NDA is not need since it is protected file. Below the steps to download the firmware

1. The process requires the target Wago CPU (750-8212) to be at firmware version 15.
  2. Attached “Flex 100 .img”. Needs to copy it to a 2GB SD card using Win32 Disk Imager. Once the file is copied onto the SD card, they can insert it into a powered off Wago CPU and then apply power. The U1-U4 lights turn orange on the CPU for about 1-2 minutes, then turn solid green. SD can can then be removed, and CPU should go into “RUN” mode.

this is the link to download the file
Moved to Staff Notes

unfortunately our ftp server link is not working I’m sending through 3rd party link.

let me know if you have anything to clarify at our side. and shout if the link not works to download the application.

Thanks
Jeya

Thanks Jeya,

I’m going to send this over to my colleague and let you know what he says.

-Tim

Thanks Tim

Hi Jeya,

My colleague was telling me he has firmware 16 and was asking if you could give him the PLC backup if possible?

-Tim

OK, let me check

Thanks, when you get that file I’ll send it over to my colleague and let you know what we find out

Here is the update
I received FW Version 15 and steps to download for PFC controller.

Due to the file size limitation I’m transferring the firmware and how to download procedure. Let me know if you have any issue to downloading this files.

Did you able to download our PLC application program which I sent previously through same file transferring method that you could abled to download successfully?

Thanks
Jeya