eWON Flexy interface with WAGO PLC using OPCUA protocol

Thanks Jeya,

I’ll send this to my colleague and see if he’s able to get all of the files, I believe he was able to get them through wetransfer last time without any issues

-Tim

Hi Tim,
Have any update on the test setup and test?

Thanks
Jeya

Hi @Jeya,

Sorry for the delay I just heard this back from my colleague:

Sorry, I think there is a mistake, I don’t need firmware V15 for my PLC.

I need the plc Back-up to see all tags set-up by the customer and duplicate it on my PLC.

Also is it possible for the customer upgrade its PLC to V16 like mine as I don’t have issue with this PLC firmware version and OPCUA polling from the eWON, I think it’s a PLC issue with the firmware V15

-Tim

I’m asking more info on our PLC dev team, one thing is for sure we can’t upgrade PLC firmware to V16. This WAGO PLC with V15 is running at large customer site and we can’t just update to V16, many validations are involved.
I wish you can setup your test environment very similar to our customer site (use V15) to do this test. I will find any way you can view/edit the PLC tags.

Thanks
Jeya

Hi Tim
As I mention above, we will not update PLC firmware to V16 at customer site controllers. We have to test with the PLC firmware V15.

If you can test with the PLC V15 with our application that would be great. yes if you want to see the tag value changes, you need to modify, but for this test fist we want to make sure the Flexy200 is establishing the connection up on power on reset. (POR same time for PLC and the eWON Flexy200).

If you like to look at tag and values at PLC then you have to have the development files that is required NDA to be sign.

Thanks
Jeya

Hi @Jeya,

My colleague just sent over this if that would make things easier. I’ll also send over what you just sent this morning

I think it could be good if I can have a short TeamViewer or Teams with the customer to have a look at its set up and then I can also simply copy its PLC tag set-up as it’s simple text files.

Like this, I’m sure I will have all the necessary thing to do better testing.

-Tim

Hi Jeya,

My colleague was also saying that they are asking if you can confirm that it’s not working in firmware V16 because if it works already with V16, R&D won’t allocate time for this.

-Tim

Hi @Jeya,

Are you still available to work on this?

-Tim

Hey Tim, Sorry about the late response.
I did check with the PLC developers that they mentioned they seen WAGO did few update including on OPC/UA related when they release V16. But we are not ready to deploy our application on V16 or higher. It needs considerable amount of effort to validate our systems even at the customer site. I wish if you can share the results that the issue what we have reported is no more on V16 or higher firmware version to keep on our record. Since the workaround method is working on V15, so possibly we can live with it until we validate our application on V16 or higher.

Thanks
Jeya

Hi @Jeya,

My colleague just sent this:

Nevertheless, can I have simply the .ecp file of the customer?

I don’t need the complete project only the variable set-up part. I want to be sure I use the same config of the customer as the variable set-up in this PLC could be done on different parts, and then I can confirm 100% no issue with the V16 in the customer’s set-up.

Hi Tim,
I’m not exactly get what you are looking for. I will check with PLC developers whether we can extract only the tag configuration part from the application for your reference if that is the one you are looking for.

Again, just to make sure we are not interested to update WAGO with V16 or later firmware. We are using V15.

Thanks
Jeya

Hi @Jeya,

Here’s what I heard back:

I know they are not interested in upgrading their PLC to V16, it’s just for us to confirm also in the customer situation the V16 is working well.
If yes the R1D won’t do anything, and I’m nearly sure with V16 all will be ok, but to remove the latest doubt I have I want to test it. Also, if I think better if the customer itself can test it in V16.

-Tim

Hi @Jeya,

Just wanted to ping this again and see if there’s any update on this?

-Tim

Hi Tim, since we are not upgrade our PLC’s to V16 PLC firmware or later, so currently the workaround solution that delaying to connect OPC/UA protocol for 180 sec is working now. We going to leave as it is and get back to you once we updated our PLC’s firmware into V16 and there after if this problem exists.

Thanks
Jeya

Closing ticket because he’s working directly with the escalation team