Ewon Flexy not showing up online

Customer’s Flexy 205 not showing up online in M2Web. System passes Internet Connection test. Unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to perform a Talk2M connectivity test. I shared the “Addresses & ports used by Talk2M” document with the customer’s network admin. I suspect the issue lies with the customer’s network settings but I am unsure of where to direct them as I have limited network experience. I have a backup .tar file available to share if desired.

Hello,

The firewall configuration is as follows:

We recommend that all customers whitelist the entire Talk2M domain for outbound connections to ensure that in the event of maintenance or load balancing, services remain uninterrupted.

The hostname to whitelist is as follows: *.talk2m.com , on port TCP 443 (and, but not mandatory, UDP 1194).

They will need to run the VPN test on the unit to establish the tunnel on their network.

I have instructed customer’s network admin to ensure that domain is whitelisted and those port allowances are made. The system fails a Talk2M connectivity validation test.

Hello,

The looks to be older firmware which may be causing issues connection.

They should be updating the firmware to our latest firmware of 14.2. This can be done with eBuddy, and has to be done sequentially. 11.->12.->13.*->14.2

What is the firmware of the unit?

11.2s2 is the current firmware revision. I am in the process of updating the firmware to 14.2.

If you are still getting an error after the updates, please post a backup with support files.

11.2s2 was the firmware revision. It has since been updated to 14.0s02. The problem persists. Is there a setting I am missing with the VPN connection? A static IP has been assigned for WAN connection.

If the Unit has a static IP connection; Then they unit is passing the WAN test, as it success requires an IP assigned to the unit.

IS the local network a DHCP network?

Also what is the LAN IP setting?
What is the WAN IP setting?

Customers local network was not DHCP. Originally, Flexy was set up for DHCP. Upon discovering this, a static IP was assigned from network. Static IP configuration worked once the static IP info was entered into Flexy as well. LAN IP is 192.168.100.2 and WAN is 192.168.0.13. I don’t believe that would cause the LAN/WAN address conflict I have read about on these forums. Since updating firmware, unit no longer passes internet connectivity wizard.

Hello,

Can you upload a back up with support files? This can be done with the use of eBuddy.

Attached is backup with support files.
MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (219.5 KB)

Hello Tyler,

What is the Subnet that you have configured on the WAN side?

Hello,

The screen shot of the UI that you posted, did you take that screen shot post firmware update?

I see a lot of WAN/LAN conflicts within the event logs. Also, that the WAN connection is set to DHCP. Can you perform a factory reset of the unit?

Screenshot from pre firmware update. I had been tinkering with settings and just realized I mistakenly had incorrect subnet mask entered. for WAN static IP. Backup I sent you would have had most recent events with 255.255.0.0. Correct subnet is 255.255.255.0. Which I have since edited. WAN connection now passes but internet connection fails. I will perform factory reset.

Factory Reset and reconfigured the Flexy. WAN connection passes, no internet. Any additional insight?