Ewon flexy to Ewon flexy communication for integrating winccV7.3 SCADA

We are having one remote site where we are having siemens climatix plc with modbus serial protocol . I need to connect that site to SCADA(Wincc V7.3) . I have considered one ewon flexy ie. Ewon A at plc side and taking modbus data in ewon flexy …now i want this data at scada site where i ll install one more ewon flexy Ewon B. I need below help.

1. How i ll read the data from Ewon A to Ewon B
  2. At scada side i need to convert modbus data into siemens s7 400 protocol …how i ll poll the siemens data from Ewon B…

Is it possible that two ewon flexy can communicate with each other and we can connect ewon flexy with wincc scada also through siemens s7 400 IO server… please guide.

@azamali

To answer your first question, you can utilize our M2Web API to retrieve data from eWON A to eWON B. You can view the below post on hms.how for details on how to accomplish this:

Can you clarify your second question? Are you wanting to translate Modbus from the eWON to Profinet on the Siemens S7 400 IO server?

You may be able to use one of our Anybus X-gateways in conjunction with a Flexy, but we would need more information to recommend this as a solution.

Dear Ashley,

thanx for ur reply .

As per your reply for my first question i can get ewon A data in Ewon B, now my second question is, i need to connect Wincc SCADA to LAN port of ewon B through S7 400 ISO TCP protocol(as in ewon flexy we are already having IO server for same protocol).
in ewon B can i convert modbus tag into S7 400 tag. As I think it is possible using script, am i right?

please guide me how to do it.

@azamali

Once the tag data is translated from one Flexy to another, the tag is not based on a protocol. Once the value is on eWON B, you can use that value with any of the IO servers or any of the eWON’s capabilities. We cannot guarantee that this will work for the setup you are trying to configure.

ok then i will install siemens(s7-1200) PLC(will convert modbus serial to siemens iso protocol over TCP) at EWON A side, now can i get plc and wincc SCADA communication using ewon to ewon direct VPN connection?

Is there any manual regarding this.

below architecture is for your reference.

Please note same task we are doing using efive server in our previous projects for other client, but for this project we are not providing efive server to our client we are going to do using two ewon flexy as in below architecture.

@azamali

Once you have the tag data on your eWON B, you can publish that data to any server via a multitude of options. You can find out more about methods to publish data on our Flexy’s Data Services website, linked below.

https://ewon.biz/products/flexy-data-services/data-services

I recommend the API option suggested earlier for eWON to eWON communication, but otherwise an eFive or eWON to eWON VPN will be required.