eWon Flexy201 losing modem/internet config

Hi Mike,

Just wanted to see if you had an idea of when you might be able to check on these devices?

-Tim

Hi Tim,
We sent a service technician out at site this morning. We did the following:

A) Test 1
1) Ensure PLC cable connected to eWON
2) Confirmed that tags are reading
3) Confirmed that BASIC script is running and set to Autorun
4) Disable the OPCUA IO Server
5) Power off eWON, wait a few minutes, Power on eWON
6) eWON cellular and VPN come back online within a few minutes
7) Connect to eWON through eCatcher
8) Enable the OPCUA IO Server
9) Tags start reading and all is good

B) Test 2
1) Ensure PLC cable connected to eWON
2) Confirmed that the OPCUA IO Server is enabled and tags are reading
3) Confirmed that BASIC script is NOT running and Autorun is deselected
4) Power off eWON, wait a few minutes, Power on eWON
5) eWON does not come online and reboots
6) Physically disconnect the PLC ethernet cable
7) eWON established cellular and VPN connection
8) Connect to eWON through eCatcher and confirm that opcuacom wd caused reboot
9) Physically connect the PLC ethernet cable. Confirmed that tags are reading
10) Re-enable BASIC script

TUV_eWON3_07OCT2020.tar (214.5 KB)

It does not appear to be an issue with the BASIC script.

I’ve attached the backup (with support files). Please advise next steps.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I’ll talk this over with Simon and see what he recommends

Hi Mike,

Here’s what I heard back form Simon, would you be able to do a TeamViewer session early in the morning so that we could work with the Belgian team?

"It would be good to have a Teamviewer with the local technician to see if we have some errors in the realtime logs (that we could not see in the backup due to the reboot).

A work-around that I am think to would be to enable the OPCUA IOServer after the boot using BASIC script :

TSET 4,60

ONTIMER 4, “GOTO EnableOPCUA”

EnableOPCUA:

SETSYS SYS, “LOAD”
SETSYS SYS, “IOSrvData1:EnabledA”, “1” //Check in the config.txt if it is well IOSrvData1 slot used by OPCUA
SETSYS SYS, “SAVE”

END

Could you also ask him the exact model of th WAGO device used and the firmware version ?

We may need to simulate that here to fix it."

Hi Tim,

*** Please do not post any of the below in the forum ***
[Information Redacted]

Thanks Mike,

I’ll check with Simon and see when he would be available to work with us on this

Hi Tim,
I’ve spoken with our service coordinator, we should be able to have a technician on site Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday next week. Let me know what works for Simon. The earliest we can be on site is 8am EST.
Mike

Thanks Mike, 8AM is the earliest we can do as well, I’ll let you know what I hear back from hIm

Hi Mike,

Can we do Wednesday at 830 Eastern time if that works for you?

-Tim

Hi Mike, just wanted to try and confirm that you’re able to do Wednesday at 830AM EST so that I can book the appointment with my colleague

It was a holiday here yesterday. I’ve asked our coordinator to arrange it. I’ll let you know once I have confirmation.

Thanks Mike, I’ll keep an eye out for your response

Hi Tim,

I’ve confirmed that we can get our tech out to site at 8:30 on Wednesday. Could you let me know the email addresses that I need to send a Teams invite to?

Mike

Tim, are we confirmed for tomorrow? I need to let the service tech know and I need the emails to get a Teams meeting booked. Please let me know.
Mike

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay, It’s been pretty busy today,

I’ll send out the meeting invite now

-Tim

Hi Mike,

I wanted to check and see if you and Simon had made any progress on this yet?

-Tim

I’ve sent the NDA to Simon and he is looking into purchasing a PLC. I’ll forward him code once everything is in place.
Mike

Please be advised that this email may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us by email by replying to the sender and delete this message. The sender disclaims that the content of this email constitutes an offer to enter into, or the acceptance of, any agreement; provided that the foregoing does not invalidate the binding effect of any digital or other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is included in any attachment.

Ok thanks, do you still want to continue this ticket on the forum or are you just working with Simon directly now?

I can work with Simon directly or use the forum if you prefer (for records/tracking). Let me know.
Mike

Please be advised that this email may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us by email by replying to the sender and delete this message. The sender disclaims that the content of this email constitutes an offer to enter into, or the acceptance of, any agreement; provided that the foregoing does not invalidate the binding effect of any digital or other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is included in any attachment.

I’ll mark this ticket as solved for now to keep it out of the needs attention queue, but I’ll come back and post the solution that Simon finds afterwards