eWon Flxey with Pfsense

Do you have a document showing how to configure Ewon Flexy with pfsense OpenVPN Server.

Hello,

We have some info over on our ewon dedicated forum. https://techforum.ewon.biz/thread-1109.html

Regards,
Deryck

Not Found

The requested URL /thread-1109.htmI was not found on this server.

Hello,

I am not able to access the thread Can you please forward it as email.

Regards

Mohammed.

How to setup pfSense to act as OpenVPN server for Ewon devices.pdf (345.6 KB)

Also see:

For general OpenVPN info.

1 Like

Thanks for the document.

Could you please confirm if the module supports tun mode for Openvpn server.

For tap mode I was able to establish communication with the pfsense Openvpn server.

But not able to ping the LAN IP of Flexy which is 192.168.100.49

Could you please let me know if we need to do a routing instruction in the pfsense server and if yes what would be the route syntax.

Pfsense LAN IP: 192.168.1.1

Subnet 255.25.255.0

Flexy LAN IP: 192.168.100.49

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.248

Is Bridge mode mandatory in tap mode?

Is Encryption of AES-256-CBC supported by Flexy.?

Thanks for the document.

Could you please confirm if the module supports tun mode for Openvpn server.

For tap mode I was able to establish communication with the pfsense Openvpn server. See below

But not able to ping the LAN IP of Flexy which is 192.168.100.49

Could you please let me know if we need to do a routing instruction in the pfsense server and if yes what would be the route syntax.

Pfsense LAN IP: 192.168.1.1

Subnet 255.25.255.0

Flexy LAN IP: 192.168.100.49

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.248

Is Bridge mode mandatory in tap mode?

Is Encryption of AES-256-CBC supported by Flexy.?

Regards

Mohammed.

Yes, the Flexy supports TUN mode in your case, but only TAP mode when using our T2M VPN servers.

Yes, you need to add a route. You should refer to pfsense or OpenBSD documentation for information on how to do that.

No, you can add routes, but you need to refer to your operating systems documentation for that.

Yes.

I have followed your user manual and seems that it is not working. The flexy is connected but not able to get the IP address in TAP module. In Tun mode, the flexy doesn’t connect at all. Is it possible to do a remote session to see it everything is configured correctly? If yes I can arrange the system with Teamviewer and provide you access. Let me know.
Do you have a document showing the configuration required in Tun mode?
We have tested the server with other devices and it works and connects in Tun mode. So the server and client-side works for sure. Only Flexy is not connecting.