eWon HMI iFrame

We were able to create an iFrame a while back via the talk2m HMI link. The functionality has since been disabled due to cross scripting restrictions. Do you guys have another solution for this?

Best Regards,

** Nicholas Lujan**

Software Product Manager

are you using the m2web api?

I guess the question is it feasible with the m2web api?

We may be able to help if it’s with the api, do you know if the change for the cross scripting was done on our end or your end?

We were able to create an iFrame a while back via the talk2m HMI link. The functionality has since been disabled due to cross scripting restrictions. Do you guys have another solution for this?

Best Regards,

Can you explain what you mean by “The functionality has since been disabled due to cross scripting restrictions.”

Thanks,

Kyle

Can we schedule a time to discuss this? The sooner the better.

Best regards,

Can we get some more information about what you are trying to do or code/screenshots of what you had set up before so we can determine who would be best suited to help you?

Via talk2m there is a connection to the HMI (if configured properly), which we would like to have access to directly through our web app.

Obviously we would need the security measures in place. A phone call on this would be greatly appreciated. 8019313239

@_Lujan,

I just left a message. It would be helpful if you could provide some more information about what you had set up before, what is preventing it from working, and what you would like help with so that we can point you in the right direction.

Thanks,

Kyle

We have an internal application which had an iFrame of the HMI link provided in m2web’s HMI connection https://us4.m2web.talk2m.com///vnc:/

This allowed us to be able to use the talk2m’s connection in our application (with the benefit of talk2m’s security) to remotely access their site from application point.

OK, you were using iFrame in your application, but that no longer works. Can you access the HMI directly through M2Web still? If not, what is the error? What is the model of the HMI?

The HMI can be accessed directly but we would like it to be accessible through our app so they can use that as their centralized application to access all tools needed to do their tasks

Understood, I needed to make sure that the device is still accessible from M2Web, because if it was not, that would be an entirely different issue.

So as I understand it, the link or iframe in your application is what no longer works due to, what I am guessing was, a browser update that resolved a cross-site scripting vulnerability? Have you tested different browsers (if you are using one)? Do you have any more info about this update that broke the functionality?

If this is the case, I may have to consult with web development to see if there is a new method to embed or forward a VNC session.

I missed your call yesterday which is disappointing as this seems very inefficient.

The goal is still the same and I’m curious if this is something that HMS handles. Is there an API or other method/service HMS offers to allow us to view the HMI within a custom application?

Yes, there is an API, but it doesn’t sound like it’s going to do what you are looking for. I’m going to try to put you in touch with someone familiar with web development because it sounds like you need to find a way to embed this VNC session that is tunneled through a VPN and Web Socket proxy into your application, which is way over my head. I will forward the information you’ve given me along to them and have someone contact you.

Has there been any movement on this?

Take a look at this document:

Does that describe what you are doing?

If you can share your iframe code so we can see how you are calling m2web that would really help. Also, what browser you are using.

No, this is just your website. We would like to know if it is possible to know if it is feasible to add the view within our mobile app so the end-user doesn’t have to navigate away from the one site.

You would need to talk to an application developer. The way we do it on M2Web.Talk2m.com is by forwarding VNC over websockets. You would have to implement something like that in your application. If you are asking if we have an easy way to implement it for you, than no, we do not have that at this time. I’m sorry.