eWON IP Addressing

I have four Flexy’s. The contact we have through Sensor Focus indicated the base IP address would always be 10.0.0.53. One of our contractors indicates that he could not communicate with that address. All of our Flexy’s will be at different sites through out the country. If they all are addressed the same will that cause a conflict with communicating with the data website (VEOControls.com) created for us by Sensor Focus?

Right now my base is setup in the same IP family as my PLC (172.16.8.###) I don’t believe that the Ethernet Module (FLX-3101) has an IP assigned other than the default)

I can view the I/O in my PLC and get the readings needed, but need to make sure that we get the data through the system and to the configured website.

Any suggestions?

@Semilogical

10.0.0.53 is the eWON’s default LAN IP (which is the PLC side of the eWON, a.k.a the “machine network”). If the eWONs are all separated both geographically and by networks, then having the same LAN IP should not conflict. You can change the LAN IP from the default of 10.0.0.53 to 172.16.8.X to match your PLC setup if needed.

The IP address set on the Ethernet WAN Extension Card is the WAN side of the eWON and usually obtains an address via DHCP from the local enterprise network. If your devices are already online, you should be able to leave this IP address as-is.

I would verify with Sensor Focus that having all of your eWONs set to the same IP would not cause a conflict. I believe they are using the DMWeb API for your setup which would not be conflicting–but just to be sure, I recommend contacting Sensor Focus to verify.

I hope this helps–please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks Ashley – Very happy to know you are still on my case!!!

[//hms-networks-s3.s3.amazonaws.com/original/2X/8/8ea3c369a679f464b93630451eee6bbd20aa72ae.jpg]
This is the old toot you are dealing with!
Best Regards,

Tom Cash

1 Like

@Semilogical

My pleasure, Tom. Please let me know if you need further clarification on anything, and thank you for your service!

Is there a way to download the settings from the eWON’s to a transfer file?
I ask because all 4 units will eventually have the very same address structure.
RandomData[50] that will all be assigned to a set number of parameters from our boilers.

Best Regards,

Tom Cash

@Semilogical

Sure! You can take a backup of an eWON using eBuddy and use that backup.tar file to restore to your other eWONs. This will give them the same configuration. See the below link for more information on backups and restorations using eBuddy.

Backup:

Restore:

Let me know if this helps. :slight_smile:

Ashley - - -

Girl you just keep getting better and better!

You are appreciated for your help and dedication.

If you have a place for a grade let me know!

Best Regards,

Tom Cash

1 Like

Thank you, Tom! I’ll send you a survey. :wink:

Gotcha going!

Hope you are there until I retire!!!

Best Regards,

Tom Cash

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Talk2m Connectivity Issues

Hi Ashley,

I’ve been getting this notification on my laptop. Do you know why?

I have not used subnet groupings much, most of what I see is 255.255.255.0, 255.255.0.0, and 255.0.0.0

Best Regards,

Tom Cash

@Semilogical

You are experiencing a LAN/WAN conflict which means an IP address on your PC is in the same network range or subnet as the eWON’s LAN IP.

We have an identical post about this exact error, and it does go over why this occurs in better detail:

How do I change the subnet in the eWON? What do I change it to?

Best Regards,

Tom Cash

The subnet is the IP address of the eWON with its subnet mask. The subnet mask with the IP address defines the subnet. You could change your eWON’s LAN IP but that would also require you changing all the device’s connected to it (PLCs, HMIs, etc) to be in the same new subnet.

In this case, it’s typically easier to connect your PC to a different network like a different wifi or ethernet connection that does not conflict with the eWON.

I would take a look at this topic:

This topic describes all your options in this case.

You could always give us a call at 312-829-0601 as it may be easier to troubleshoot this with you via the phone.