Ewon Reboot

Hi Service Team !

I have a problem with a ewon with firmware 14.2s0 and 14.3s0PR

Scenario:
My machine has 4 Siemens S7-300 plc and ewon read tags from one plc only.
On ewon i have a BasicScript that enable/disable the IOServer when the plc is/isn’t running;
here the two functions called via Onchange event:

Function EnableIOServer()
LOGEVENT “EnableIOServer”, 10
SETSYS SYS, “load”
SETSYS SYS,“IOSrvData1:EnabledB”,“1”
SETSYS SYS,“IOSrvData1:EnabledC”,“1”
SETSYS SYS,“save”
LOGEVENT “IO-SERVER Enabled”, 10
ENDFN

Function DisableIOServer()
LOGEVENT "DisableIOServer IN ", 10
SETSYS SYS, “load”
SETSYS SYS,“IOSrvData1:EnabledB”,“0”
SETSYS SYS,“IOSrvData1:EnabledC”,“0”
SETSYS SYS,“save”
LOGEVENT “IO-SERVER Disabled”, 10
ENDFN

Now the problem:
when the basic script execute the instruction SETSYS SYS,“save” , in the BasicScript page i have this situation:
immagine
the “Abort execution” and “Pause execution” icons are enabled;

after a while, the ewon Reboot and in the event log i have this:
immagine

Workaround:

• if i disable (//) the instruction SETSYS SYS,“save” , the script run without problems;

• when the BasicScript has the two icon enabled (Abort and Pause) , if i disconnect from the net two plc, the script continue running;

• if i connect the ewon with the plc only and disconnect from the net all other 3 plc, i have no problems;

• i tried to increase the “Default TCP RX/TX Timeout” parameter to 5000 Msec but without any differences

If you need more info i can provide you

thanks

Hi service Team!
I have a problem with a ewon, with firmware 14.2s0 and 14.3s0PR;
Scenario:

• My machine has 4 plc S7-300 and 1 ewon;
  • the ewon read tags from a plc only;
  • i have a BasicScript that enable/disable the S7-300 io-server when the plc is/is not running:

SETSYS SYS, “load”
SETSYS SYS,“save”
ENDFN

Function DisableIOServer()
LOGEVENT “DisableIOServer”, 10
SETSYS SYS, “load”
SETSYS SYS,“IOSrvData1:EnabledB”,“0”
SETSYS SYS,“IOSrvData1:EnabledC”,“0”
SETSYS SYS,“save”
LOGEVENT “IO-SERVER Disabled”, 10
ENDFN

Hi @iw3bti1,

Do you mean that when you run this code that it causes the device to reboot immediately?

-Tim

Can you send me a backup.tar file of this device with the support files included?

not immediately, the ewon reboot after 3 minutes and in this 3 minutes the two buttons in the BasicScript page remain enabled as shown in the picture

I see, would you be able to get a backup.tar file of the device with support files included for me to take a look at?

ok i send you the .tar via message

Does the device seem to be still having these issues if you comment out the function that disables the IO servers?

like described in the first post:
if i disable (//) the instruction SETSYS SYS,“save” , the script run without problems;

As an example, can you try and run those commands in the console and see if that causes a reboot as well?

Yes, the result is the same

Let me check with one of my colleagues on the development team, just disabling an IO server shouldn’t make a device reboot

As described above, this script works on 200+ machines without problems. In this specific configuration i have 4 PLC on the same net. The problem isn’t disabling io server but the Setsys Sys , “save” instruction. If i disconnect 3 PLC on the net , the script works

Sorry do you mean that if you disconnect 3 devices so it’s just talking to one device, or do you mean that you’re disabling a PLC so that you’re talking with 3 devices. There shouldn’t be an issue reaching 3 devices.

There also shouldn’t be any issue with reaching 4 devices if you define them at the tag level instead of at the IO server like it seems like you’ve done in your backup file

Excuse me, my english is not so good :wink:

The machine network has 4 PLC, ewon talk with one plc only;

if all 4 plc are connected on the machine network, when the script execute the SETSYS SYS,“save” , in the Basic script button command i have the “Abort execution” and “Pause execution” and after a while the ewon reboot for watchdog in process (scp);

if all 4 plc are connected on the machine network and when the script execute the SETSYS SYS,“save” i disconnect at least 2 plc from the machine net before the watchdog time, the script run without problems.

Have you tried changing the basic script to split the load and save for the IO servers?

SETSYS SYS, “load”
SETSYS SYS,“save”
SETSYS SYS, “load”
SETSYS SYS,“save”
ENDFN

Hi @iw3bti1,

Were you able to try Ted’s suggestion to see if that worked for you?

-Tim

on monday next week i’ll try

Ok let me know what you find out

hi i have tested the Ted’s suggestion but the result is the same;
the script stop running on the first SETSYS SYS,“save” instruction