eWon reboots every 24 hours

I have an eWon that goes offline at 6:40 AM Pacific time. Is this something the eWon can do or is an external influence that is more likely?

Hi @George,

If it’s a cellular connection and going offline for only a few seconds and at the same time every day, that is intentional to refresh the connection. It can be disabled in comcfg.txt by setting ‘MaxCallDur’ to 0.

If you’re on ethernet or WiFi it is probably something external, but I can’t be sure without seeing the logs. If you would like to share them, please use eBuddy to make a backup, making sure to check “Include Support files” and attach to your return email.

Thanks,

Kyle

Hello Kyle,
Thanks for the information. This is a literal reboot

In that case I will need to see the logs to help.

Here is a copy of the logs9-12-19.device-logs.csv (61.3 KB)
Looking forward to your input.

I will need the actual device logs:

Hello Kyle,

Here is the backup with support files

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (184 KB)

Did the files help with defining the problem?

Hi @George,

Sorry for the delay. I haven’t been able to find a definitive reason yet…

Can you try switching the VPN connection to TCP port 443 and see if that makes a difference?

Make sure to Save.

Thanks,

Kyle

I will have a look at it. I have heard any complaint lately. We can set this one aside for now.

It does appear to be rebooting almost every day, usually in the morning between 6:00 and 10:00. It’s interesting that on quite a few days it’s been right around 6:40. The errors are reported as unknown or power loss.

I would check to make sure it’s not being power cycled by someone or losing power for some other reason if the problem persists. If not, then try changing the port to TCP 443 as shown above. Let me know if you have any questions.

Kyle

Thanks for the assistance Kyle

Topic closed due to inactivity.