Ewon Restore

Hi Team,
i’m trying to program a new ewon (out of the box state) with a .tar file in eBuddy (fw14.0s02).
The .tar contain all config for the ewon, including the memory organisation MemOrg:5 and the string tag historization enabled:
MemStrHistEnabled:1
MemStrHistPercentage:10

The restore of the .tar files is ok, including the restart for the memory reorganisation, i have my ewon correctly restored but:
if i reboot the ewon, i loose all my configuration on ewon (config.txt & program.bas) and the ewon is formatted .

now i must restore another time the ewon with the .tar , and this time the ewon is correctly configured.

i think it’s related to the string historization, because if i try to restore my ewon with a tar that doesn’t has the string historization enabled, i haven’t this problem.

it’s normal or it’s an issue ?

Are you restoring a backup from an eWON with a different firmware version? There can be issues when trying to restore a backup to a device with firmware 13.3 or newer from one with 13.2 or older, or vice versa.

No, i'm restoring a backup made for this ewon. In attachment you can find my .tar for 205 and for 201 , it is very simple. In the config i have changed the ewon name only. if you can to restore an out of box flexy 205 with my tar: the first time you log in in the ewon after the restore you can see the ewon name "prova memory", if you reboot , the config is erased and the ewon name is restored to "Ewon".

it’s the same problem on 201 and 205
MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (13 KB)
MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (21 KB)

i can confirm that the problem is when i recover with memory reorg + string historisation:

1. ebuddy upload the tar
  2. ebuddy make a reboot of the ewon for mem reorg
  3. the ewon reboot
  4. ebuddy continue with the restoring procedure and upload all the files including the comcfg with the string historisation enabled
  5. the ewon is fully programmed, but at the next reboot… all data are erase because he need to enable the string historisation
  6. the mem reorg is ok, the string historisation is ok, other data ( tags, program.bas) are erased

OK, thanks for the information. I will report this to the eWON engineers and inform you of their response.