eWON Support request 021120

Hello TS Team,

See support request below.

Thanks,

Request extracted from email

Our client has an Ewon Cosy 131 device. We’ve set up access into PLCs and HMIs, but FANUC robots don’t seem to work through the connection. When I connect to the robot’s LAN, I can access the ECHO/CGTP (remote teach pendant interface), however over the VLAN (using Ewon), the interface does not fully load. I tested using wireshark over LAN, and traced this to ports 80, 3002, 36754, and 46481. Is there a way to ensure those ports (and/or all ports to the device’s IP) are not getting blocked? ** I’m out of the office, so please email.

Hello,

I would ensure that broadcast forwarding is turned off. The ports should be open for the connection. If you have a specific port your need to access, then you would need to create the path in ecatcher. You can add the LAN connection through the device page.

Here you can pick the specific protocol that you need to communicate with the Fanuc devices.

Is this in the device configuration, or within ECatcher?

The boradcast forwarder is within the device configuration.

Setting the LAN protocol is within eCatcher

I’m not seeing the broadcast forwarder setting in Cosy 131.

Would Wireshark captures help? Here’s a working connection (LAN) and a failed connection (through Ewon

Hello,

Can you get a back up with support files for this unit? This can be done by connecting with eBuddy.

I’m not sure what you’re referring to … eBuddy?

Ebuddy is a software that allows firmware updates, restores, backups, and backup support files. The software is free from our website.

https://ewon.biz/technical-support/pages/all-downloads