eWON VPN usage consumed too fast?

Hello,

We are using an eWON EC6133C. Just wondering why the VPN usage is used so fast? I have a lot of other jobs using the similar eWON, but the VPN usage is not used fast like this one. What devices connected via eWON will cause the VPN usage to be used fast?

Another question is: If the VPN usage is more than 100% in 3 months, it can’t be used any more? Or it can’t be used more than 100% any more in a month? 3-months is consecutive 3 months, or it is 3 in total? Trying to understand better for arranging our using time better.

Thanks,

Yun

Hi Yun,

I think this article will be useful for diagnosing the reason behind the excess data consumption:

The VPN traffic is too high, how can I reduce the number of GB used?

In regards to your other question, if you are using Talk2M free, you have a total of 3 months consecutive grace period. After that, if you hit the limit again the traffic will be restricted. If you are a Talk2M Pro customer, you will just be charged the overage of $5/GB, but your data won’t be restricted.

See:

What does the “grace period” mean for my Talk2M Free+ account?

Also:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Kyle Reynolds

Hi Yun,

I have updated my response here to include an answer to your other question:

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the reply. I tried one of my eWON, and please see the attached two pictures. I think because the eWON version is too low, so the parameter “Broadcast” is not shown up or not existed? If that is the case, can I assume the discovery is disabled? Thanks.

Capture2

Yes, this is a very old device, about 10 years old, so it does not have the BroadcastForwarder option.

Thanks, Kyle!

You’re welcome. Please let me know if you have any other questions.