Exporting tags in a desired format (separator and column order)

Hi hms,

A client of mine is currently using 2 differents ewon :

• An ewon Cosy with this firmware : EW_8_0s2
  • AN ewon Flexy with this firmware : 14…0s0PR

This client is retrieving the var_lst.txt file. The cosy file is comma separated and contains 59 columns. The flexy file is semi-colon separeted and contains 63 columns and the order of somes columns that exist within the cosy file have been reordered in the flexy file.

My client was wondering :

1. If it was possible to change the separator from semi-colon to comma in the flexy file.
  2. If the column could be in the same order

To be noted, I’m aware that the flexy is using a pre-released version of the firmware. I’m not the person who configured it and I’m more than willing to updating it back to a released version if necessary.

Thank you for your time and your help,
ktmachinex

Hi @ktmachinex

The easiest way to do this would just be to take the var_lst.txt file and do a control f to search for commas and then just do a replace all with a semicolon. But I’m confused about how you’re getting tags on a Cosy. The Cosy does have a var_lst file, but you don’t have a way to setup/interact with tags on a Cosy. The Flexy reads the Var_lst as a semicolon delimited file and won’t read it as a comma separated file.

The order of the Var_lst file has changed a few times with each new addition in firmware, so the order of two var_lst files from different firmwares will likely not be the same.

But I’m confused about how you’re getting tags on a Cosy.
I just verify on the Cosy and you can go to Configuration\Tag Setup and click on create new tag link. So there is definitively a way to configure tags in a Cosy.

As I understand from your answer, there is no built-in ways to achieve what I’m asking without doing manual manipulation. Is that correct?

I was looking for a way to do it within the ewon config and parameters without having to program anything (creating an app or a script as I’m a programmer).

The order of the Var_lst file has changed a few times with each new addition in firmware, so the order of two var_lst files from different firmwares will likely not be the same.

Are these changes listed in any documentation? That would be helpful.

Thanks again for your help,
ktmachinex

Hi @ktmachinex,

You may be able to store tags on a cosy, but you won’t be able to do anything with them. A Cosy is just for remote connection to devices but a Flexy can be used for remote data.

Unfortunately the Flexy is only programmed to read a semicolon delimited var_lst file.

As for the changes between firmwares, these are listed here:
http://cdn.ewon.biz/eBuddyDnl/release.txt

While it doesn’t necessarily happen each time there’s an update, when something like the addition of string tags. It will add an additional column that modifies the way the var_lst is organized.

Thanks for the answers provided.

You’re welcome, let me know if you have any other questions with this

-Tim