Factory Reset 1 wont work

I’m trying to reset the user name and password for a Cosy 131. I disconnect the power, press and hold the reset button, connect power and wait for the USR1 Button to flash red. Then I immediately release the reset button. I wait a few moments, and power cycle the eWon.

adm for username and password still don’t work when I try to connect to the eWon.

Suggestions?

Are you sure that this is a Cosy 131 and not a Cosy+? The 1st level reset no longer works with the Cosy+ for security reasons. You need to do the 2nd level reset.

Have you tried the 2nd level reset?

Part Number: EC6133C_00MA/S
Trying to avoid second level reset because my predecessor didn’t document anything. I don’t want to try to rebuild what is working.

You could try another browser or try making a backup using eBuddy to see if the password works. It should be resetting if you’re getting to the blinking red light on the reset. Make sure that you’re disconnecting power for at least 10 seconds after the reset process completes.

As far as the second level reset, the Cosy setup is very simple, so if you know the IP address it should use, the SSID and password if you’re using WiFi, and have access to the Talk2M (ecatcher) account, you should be able to reconfigure it. You would only have to change other settings under certain circumstances, like if someone had to access LAN devices from the WAN network, or if the LAN devices needed internet access, for example. If you’re just using it for basic remote access, there are only a few settings to configure.

@DannyD303 Did you ever get this reset?