Failing to send emails via relay

Hi @TF_MAC,

Is this still an issue?

-Tim

My contact is currently on annual leave this week, and will have a look next week.
Has asked:

If it is volume of emails, shouldn’t some of them get through until a limit is reached?

What is the per hour limit so I can ensure it is below that?

Hi Tim

I am awaiting a reply I will let you know if this is still an issues ASAP

I’ve just been informed that we don’t actually throttle on our end anymore, so the issue is likely on the percipient side. It may be viewing us as spam and blocking emails coming from our server.

I am still having issues.

I don’t believe it is on the recipient side as other eWons are able to send the data via email to the same destination without issue.

If I add my own email address I don’t get the emails either.

Is it still showing success in the scheduled action section?

Hi Tim
Sorry for the long delay I have only just heard back regarding this issue:
It does show success in the Action section, still no emails are been received though.

Can you try it with a gmail and check if the emails seem to be going through with that?

HI Tim
Had a response from affected party.

'Our corporate mail is provided by Google, so this was already tested when I add my own email to the export.

Again this doesn’t explain why some eWons are sending emails fine and this one isn’t. Altering something that is common to all eWon units should have an effect should it?’

If it’s showing success in the scheduled actions area, then that means that it’s reaching our server and that our SMTP relay, but if it’s reaching the relay and just not getting to you, I’m wondering if it is just an issue with your email server receiving the email. If possible I’d recommend having it sent to a personal email address to see if that goes through.

Hi Tim

This has also been tried and has the same result.

Can I try and take a look at this over TeamViewer when you have a chance? Or could you make me a temporary user on your eCatcher account for me to take a look at this?

This has been asked i am currently awaiting a reply.

Thanks, let me know what you find out

HI Tim
I have the details requested please let me know when you are online and I shall message the details too you.

I’m available now if you can PM me the login info

If anybody else runs into this issue, it appears that there is sometimes an error that occurs when you restore a backup on a device without running the talk2m wizard on the device afterward. This makes it so that the serial number in eCatcher won’t match the serial number of the device.

This can be fixed by running the Talk2m wizard again and making sure to hit the advanced button and force the device to TCP