Fault when sending NMT reset comms command

Using an AB7312.

When I send a 0x000 0x82 0x00 (NMT reset comms to all nodes) packet, LED 5 starts flashing red. The system continues to operate properly once the rest of the nodes are back online.

Question: Is there a better way to send this command? (I’m using a triggered Produce with the node id of 0x000 and two data bytes, 0x82, and 0x00.

Question: How can I determine that the system is in this condition and clear it?

Mark

With the Anybus communicator you must set up any transaction manually, and I think you are properly setting up the NMT state change with a trigger. If you want to monitor the state a CANopen node then you can usually set up a CANopen device to advertise a heartbeat. This heartbeat will provide the status of the node on a cycle. Using this information you can properly, monitor and adjust the state of the CANopen nodes on the network.

`Yes, I have it set to xmit using a trigger byte. The fault occurs as soon as I send the packet. We are sending the appropriate 0x700+nodeID msgs for a heartbeat and monitoring for the incoming change state commands from the master.

The only issue is that silly RED LED 5.

The red LED being 5 indicates a timeout, which could be caused by any transaction. If everything seems to be working you do not necessarily need to fix it. If you want to troubleshoot it, the best way would be to compare a line listener log from the configuration manager to your configuration file. You may be able to tell which transaction is timing out by doing this.

I can take a look at these if you want to post them (drag and drop in your response).

“The red LED …” Yep. How do I clear the silly thing? Once a transaction times out, what clears it?

Mark

We had discussed using the control word to shift from idle to run to clear the timeout. I just wanted to update this forum post, thanks.