Flexy 205 rebooting every 3 minutes

We have a remote flexy 205 that is rebooting every 3 minutes. I was able to get a backup which I attached. The flexy was working fine last week. There is a script that logs historical data to a SD card which I did disable but it continues to reboot itself.

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (197.5 KB)

Hi,

Is the SD card being inserted or removed after the device is powered? The card could be going bad or is currently full and causing issues.

I wouldn’t think that someone would be removing it. We use the card for storing historical files. I did stop the script from running which stopped the SD card error but the rebooting continued. This is a 128 GB SD card and has only been in service for a couple of months. I have attached the log from ecatcher and it looks like this might have happened for about 1.5 hours then functioned correctly for a while. Then it started again on the 21st. About a month ago we had a card in a machine that got unformatted (not this machine). The card had been working then there were some power issues and when they got that fixed the card could no longer be read and had to be reformatted.

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (384 KB)

With the watchdog udevmon that refers to the SD card. The flexy is seeing that an SD card is present but it is indicating that the card is the reason it is rebooting. When the script was running I see that there was a message of " EUM card full or not present". This could mean you have filled the 128GB of the card, or the card could be going bad. Also seeing SDExtTotal:0 and SDExtFree:0 from when this backup was taken. The SD card may need to be reformatted or repaired since it seems the Flexy may not be reading it properly.

Thanks for the quick response. Can we just remove the SD card without powering it down or should we power it down first? I’m not sure who may be on site and if we need to power it down first then it may take longer before we have someone there who can do this. I would like to get it up and functioning for remote access even if we are not getting the historical log exports.

We have just started using the flexy in our machines and we are still learning about them and all the functionality they have. This is the second time we have had a flexy have a card issue out of 4 flexys what have in use. Since we are just starting to use the flexy there will be some questions about this issue that will need to be answered. Any information you can provide regarding this issue will certainly help.

Is there a known cause for SD cards having issues in the flexy?

We are using ScanDisk Extreme Plus SDXH UHS-1 which I think are decent quality cards. We have limited the SD cards to 128GB as a recommendation from HMS/Ewon, is there issues with larger size cards?

Thanks

Scott

We removed the SD card from the flexy on Friday and it has been functioning fine since then. I have the SD card in my possession and am trying to see if I can figure out what is wrong with it. I can read the card on a linux box just fine and the card is only about 5% full. I tried putting the card in another flexy and it started rebooting, is there something to look on the SD card that would be causing this?

Since this is being used as memory extension something could have been corrupt and not able to repair the file extension properly. Having configuration files on the SD can cause a reboot, but that would be happening faster then every 3 minutes.

I tried deleting all the files off of the SD card but it did not correct the issue. I had to reformat the SD card before it could be inserted in the flexy without causing issues.

Hi Scott,

Has there been anymore problems with the SD card since the format?