Firmware Version

Hi,
How do I find the firmware version number in my AB76729 Gateways.

I can find many different versions, but none that state firmware, i.e. Application Version, Product Version, Bootloader Version etc.

I have tried the Web interface, X-Gateway application etc.

Thanks.

I think you may have accidentally included an extra number in the gateway article number. AB76729 is not a valid number. But for X-Gateways, you can find the firmware in the web interface in the About section.

Thanks Kyle. Yes it should have been 7629

Will check tomorrow. Thanks.

@kyle_HMS

I understand the firmware version may be listed but which one is it?

The latest firmware on the web is 2.16.1.2, at time of writing.

On the X-Gateway Web Page, about page I have the following version numbers

Under Ethernet IP + MBTCP + …
Bootloader Version 1.14
Software Version 1.08

Under Profibus Master
Bootloader Version 2.05
Software Version 4.00

Under Gateway
Bootloader Version 2.01
Application Version 3.25
Product Version 3.25
Web Version 2.22

I checked the “Release Information.pdf” file but that did not enlighten me at all.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

There are a number of different versions listed there because there is different firmware for each side of the gateway, the gateway itself, and the web page. It looks like the Web version is actually 2.22.

What is the serial number of the gateway?

Kyle

Kyle,

Serial number for the one I have easy access to, the others are installed in production systems, is A0257E49.

Are you suggesting the firmware is a higher version number? i.e. 2.22 > 2.16.1.2 ( obviously those numbers are, but do they represent the same thing is really my point).

Andrew

image002.jpg

Kyle,

I have managed to get the details form three of our other gateways, all are AB7629.

All seem to have different firmware versions. See details below.

How do I determine the actual version numbers in the firmware file on the downloads page, i.e.

Firmware Download Tp (version 2.16.1.2 the 10.0MB file)

The details on the one that is behaving impeccably are (this was a replacement)

EtherNetIP + MBTCP + WEB Slave + IT_2port

Serial Number A02551A9

Bootloader Version 1.14

Software Version 1.08

Ethernet MAC ID 00-30-11-10-19-9D

PROFIBUS Master

Serial Number A0253F91

Bootloader Version 2.05

Software Version 4.00

Gateway

Serial Number A0257E49

Bootloader Version 2.01

Application Version 3.25

Product Version 3.25

Web Version 2.22

The details on the one we removed from above are

Serial Number A02551A9

Bootloader Version 1.14

Software Version 1.08

Ethernet MAC ID 00-30-11-10-19-9D

PROFIBUS Master

Serial Number A0253F91

Bootloader Version 2.05

Software Version 4.00

Gateway

Serial Number A0257E49

Bootloader Version 2.01

Application Version 3.25

Product Version 3.25

Web Version 2.22

Another

Serial Number A021A866

Bootloader Version 1.14

Software Version 1.08

Ethernet MAC ID 00-30-11-0D-8D-0E

PROFIBUS Master

Serial Number A0216B3A

Bootloader Version 2.05

Software Version 4.00

Gateway

Serial Number A021AD63

Bootloader Version 2.01

Application Version 3.22

Product Version 3.22

Web Version 2.21

And

Serial Number A021A862

Bootloader Version 1.14

Software Version 1.08

Ethernet MAC ID 00-30-11-0D-8D-0C

PROFIBUS Master

Serial Number A0216B38

Bootloader Version 2.05

Software Version 4.00

Gateway

Serial Number A021AD5C

Bootloader Version 2.01

Application Version 3.22

Product Version 3.22

Web Version 2.21

image001.jpg

FIRMWARE REMOVED. PLEASE CONTACT SUPPORT IF YOU BELIEVE YOU NEED FIRMWARE.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what do I do with those files, to get them installed?

You need to use the Firmware Download TP software for the firmware (.fwp) files.

For the webpage, connect to device with FTP (you can use Windows Explorer or Filezilla, for example) and connect with credentials ABX // FTPAccess then simply copy the new files over the old ones.

Kyle

Kyle,

You say ”There is no update for the EIP or Profibus.”.

But I have version 1.12 of EIP on one of my units but 1.08 on all the others.

The one with version 1.12 seems to be operating better than the others. By that, I mean, we are getting lots of errors from our PLC system, stating “Timeout With response from device 192.168.0.2”. When I check with wireshark there
is usually a couple of DUP acks sround the particular time. A modbus query goes out and no response is seen for a period of time, exceeding the timeout. This is the root reason for checking the firmware versions.

On the units with Firmware 1.08, which may or may not be the root cause, we are seeming in the order of 20-40 Timeouts over a 24Hour period. On the unit with firmware 1.12 we see Zero for the last 7 days and counting.

Andrew

image002.jpg

The firmware shouldn’t be causing that issue. Can you try switching the one with version 1.12 with the one with 1.08 and see if those errors continue?

Kyle,

I will try to do that. Due to other issues it may take a while though, possible next week. I will update our spare firmware to be the same except for the 1.12 and then organise for them to be swapped
to see what happens.

Andrew

image002.jpg

Kyle,

Finally managed to get a couple of these units changed. Firstly we swapped cranes 1 and 5 temporarily. Crane 1 had the new firmwares (Gateway - V3.29, Web - 2.25 and EIP - 1.12)

During the time they were swapped we had no errors on crane 5.

I then found our spare units, one of which was brand new with the same firmware as for crane 1. The second spare was the same as the ones installed (Gateway - v3,25, Web - v2.22, EIP v1.08) I updated this with the supplied firmware. So now (Gateway - v3.29, Web - v2.25, EIP v1.08).

I swapped the units with those on cranes 4 and 5.

Crane 5 go the one with V1.12 of the EIP firmware. The errors have ceased on that crane but have continued on Crane 4.

Could I please get a copy of V1.12 of the EIP firmware please.

The issues I am seeing, I believe do relate to The Ethernet section of the unit (ie the Modbus/TCP). The errors I am getting relate to the Modbus response not being seen within a timeout period. When i get my timeout errors I can see gaps in the modbus responses and TCP DUP ACKS in wireshark traces.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

So you are aware, this is the only difference and it’s only recommended to update if you are having this problem with timeouts:

I will have to send you an email with a link to download the firmware. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Kyle

Kyle,

Thanks for sending the other firmware. It does sound like we are not seeing that particular issue, though we are seeing timeouts in responses to MODBUS/TCP queries.

I will update one of our units and replace on the crane. As previously discussed that particular firmware is the only difference as far as the software goes. After reading the Release document I
will check the board model, prior to installation, just to be sure.

Andrew

image002.jpg

Kyle,

That firmware did the trick.

We have now gone from over 100 errors per 24 Hours to less than 4 errors over the last 6 days. Those 2 or 3 errors all occurred at around the same time and may have been a maintenance person blocking
a IR device.

Certainly those errors did not exhibit the same wireshark behaviours as all the other errors.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Andrew

image002.jpg

Great - I’m glad it helped! Thanks for your patience with this issue.

Hello, I have a x-gateway with the same problem, please can you send me the link for this firmware, I really appreciate your help. Is very very urgent.

AB7649-F
SERIAL A024ACCB

Thanks in advance