FJ-RC-WMP-1 Ambient temperature showing as -32768

Intesis FJ-RC-WMP-1 Ambient temperature showing as -32768. Any help is appreciated

Hello,

That reading shows that the unit is not recieving a temp value from the Sensor. Do you have a Wall remote on the line? If so, what is the dipswitch configuration of the Intesis Unit?

No wall unit, just an IR remote. The dip switches are all in the 1 position

Hello,

Is there a temperature sensor on the AC unit? Currently, the Intesis Unit is looking for that value on the AC, but it is not getting any information. If there is no ambient temperature senosr, then the Intesis unit will not able to display it.

There is an ambient temperature sensor in the AC unit, because the AC unit switches on and off according to the set temperature. I though the Intesis controller has a built in temperature sensor and can display the ambient from there.

Hello,

No the device does not have a temperature sensor on board the unit.

https://www.intesis.com/docs/datasheet-inwmpfgl001r000

That is the data sheet of the Intesis unit that shows the hardware specifications.

You may need a wall remote tied to the line to get the ambient temperature.

https://www.intesis.com/docs/installation-sheet-inwmpfgl001r000

When I trialled the Intesis IR repeater wifi version, ambient temperature was being shown correctly. Is there something I need to do to get ambient temperature from the wired version? I opted for wired for reliability but it seems to missing functionality

The user manual indicates room temperature is supported. Can you please clarify?

The room temperature is support by our units. However, the Intesis unit polls the temperature from the AC or wired remote.

The available controls shows the capabilities it has. As some dont have signal errors, or error codes.

Any additional questions?

No, it’s disappointing that it does not work as expected. I thought it would poll the AC for the ambient temperature but it doesn’t.

My apologies on that. You can reach out to our inside sales to discuss options.

Hi Kevin, new here but have had a look around to find a solution to a situation I have with the same issue described here. Hope it’s appropriate to comment here otherwise I will create a new thread.
I’d appreciate your thoughts on the following:

I am using FJ-RC-WMP-1 to integrate with Control4. Everything works, except the display of the temp, which in config is reading -32768 (I understand this is a mathmatical number indicating an error). IBOX config and control4 are showing no errors. I have changed the function in Fujitsu wired controller to use remote sensor, and this displays correctly. So if that suited me, I would say all products are working as expected.

My particular situation is that I have four separate AC units and four intesis boxes all with the same issue. We intended to not use the wired controllers, as we have done so successfully in the past. I have installed the wired controllers remotely as a redundancy so client can control units if automation has an outage. I have been through the motions of removing the wired controllers and setting intesis as master, and adding the wired controllers and setting intesis as slave. I have also completely removed other integration for testing as well to eliminate those potential issues.

Any thoughts or recommendations for me here?

Hi Bonham,

This may be a limitation of the AC. I would Check with Fujitsu regarding this or open a support case though support.hms-networks.com this would allow us to get the Intesis AC team involved.