Flexy 201 Easy Commissioning trouble

I am trying to set up easy commissioning via SD Card for my Flexy 201’s. I can t quite get it all to work.

My SD Card has an ewonfr.ebu file to upgrade the firmware to 13.2. That works great.
My eWon also has a comcfg.txt file that I copied from an Flexy 201 that was already configured and a T2M.txt file that was generated by eCatcher. After the SD Card is complete and I remove it, the eWOn reboots as it is supposed to. If I check the LAN IP address on the eWon using eBuddy, I can see that it has changed as I expected, but I dont see the eWOn appear in eCatcher.

I even went so far as take a Flexy201 that was successfuly commissioned “by hand” (not by SD Card); deleted its entry from eCatcher and inserted the SDCard to see if it would autoregister to my account and it didnt.

What am I missing here?

Joe

Hi Joe,

Can you take a look at this post about using the easy setup with an SD card/USB and let me know if you still have questions?

-Tim

Thanks Tim. I saw the post before and it didnt give me any new info.
For what it is worth, I discovered that if I used teh comcfg.txt file from an already commissioned eWon, I ended up with one entry in eCatcher that would connect one of two eWOns - depending which one was online. In other words, commissioning the new eWOn using an exact copy of the comcfg.txt from an already commissioned eWon made eCatcher think that the “new eWon” was actually the “previously commsissioned” eWon.
Seeing this, I stripped the VPNSecretKey and VPNSecretCert entry out of the comcfg.txt file and did a factory reset on teh “new” eWon. That seemed to stop the “new” eWOn from having that problem again, but I still cant get the “new” eWon to commission.

Can you get us a backup.tar file of the device with support files included from ebuddy, so we can see what’s happening in the event logs?

Tim,

Here is a backup. It is not from the “new” eWon. It is from the “prior” eWon. This one had been fully commissioned. In an attempt to simplifiy troubleshooting, I deleted this eWon from my eCatcher account and inserted an SD Card with only the T2M.txt file on it. My thinking is that since, all the comcfg settings were already proven, this would just test the auto registration part of the eWon. Maybe this is false thinking.
I will generate a similar backup from the “new” eWon tomorrow morning if this one is not any help.

Based off of that backup it looks like there’s no WAN IP settings on this device. I’m not sure if you originally had it setup for DCHP but looking in the WAN section, the IP address was 0.0.0.0.

If you only have the T2M key on the SD card then the device will have no way of getting internet access because it doesn’t know what to put in for those settings.

You should be able to just take a backup of an already working device and then put that on an SD card along with the autoregistration key from eCatcher to get the device to register with those same settings (apart from the t2m key)

I also saw that it looks like you’ve got a good amount of code in the cyclic section. Generally speaking we don’t recommend this because it means that that code will be run every processor cycle and could cause issues with the device if it’s performing too many actions at once.

Tim,

One more thing that may help. The “previously configured” eWon is s/n 1742-0209-21. The “new” eWon is s/n 1742-0124-21.

Joe

If the device was deleted from eCatcher, we can’t check the account that it was previously registered to. Could you go in and setup the device by going through the wizards on this device and then try to use that devices config file with the t2m auto-registration key and see if that works on the new device?

Tim,

The device is set up for DHCP. In order to get the .tar file, I moved the network cable from the WAN port to a LAN port and used eBuddy to get the backup.tar file. I am guessing that is why the WAN address came up as 0.0.0.0.

Is there another way to get the backup.tar file other than eBuddy? Should I leave the WAN cable in place and add a LAN cable?

Joe

If possible can you have both the LAN side and the WAN side connected when you get the backup?

Tim,

I can do this in the morning. However, when I was trying easy commissioning yesterday, what happened is that the “new” eWon was accissible through eCatcher, but it was identified as the “prior” eWon.

In eCatcher, I identify the eWons by the serial of the equipment they are connected to. The “prior” eWon was registered in eCatcher as “EB1031”. Yesterday, I used eBuddy to make a back up of eWon EB1031. I renamed the .tar file as backup.tar and put it on an SD card along with the T2M.txt file. I took EB1031 off line (I have limited LAN cables to use) and connected the LAN cable to the WAN port on the “new” eWon. I inserted the SD card with the backup.tar from EB1031. When the SD card was done, eCatcher showed EB1031 as ready for connection even though EB1031 was unplugged and offline. I figured out that eCatcher thought that the “new” eWon was EB1031 and I assumed that this happened because of something in the comcfg.txt file that was copied from EB1031.

From reading the Easy Commissioning Manual, it mentioned that an eWon cannot be commissioned if it is already in eCatcher. The manual also mentioned that the only way to easy commission an eWon that already was in eCatcher was to delete it from eCatcher first. That is why I deleted EB1031 before trying to re-commission it.

I will let you know what happens in the morning.
Joe

Could you give me a call tomorrow morning when you’re available and ask for Tim? If possible I’d like to try and walk through this to see what might be causing the problem

happy to. What number should I call? I’m sorry but I dont use this portal often.

312-893-5636, We’re available 8AM-5PM Eastern Standard Time

I will call tomorrow morning when I am ready to go.