I see that. There aren’t any errors or anything, just the normal messages we’d expect when everything is working properly, plus what look like some messages logged from your scripts.
Can you try stopping the scripts and trying to log data with -1 deadband and 1 interval?
If you’re still having issues with the scripts stopped, I think a factory reset would be the next step. You can back up and restore your tags and scripts by connecting to your Ewon with FTP. You’ll just need to save var_list.csv and any .bas files, then copy them back over after the factory reset. Before fully configuring the Ewon I recommend trying to log to see if it works on a freshly-reset device.
Here are instructions on factory resetting the device. Note that this will completely erase your configuration, including tags and program, so please create a backup with eBuddy and manually back up the tag list and program through FTP ahead of resetting.
- Power off the unit.
- While powering it on, press & maintain the reset button. The LED labeled BI1 turns green.
- Keep the reset button pressed for approximately 35 seconds until the USR LED remains red steady.
- When this state is reached, release the button. The LED labeled BI1 turns off.
- Check if the auto test is successful, the USR LED blinks red with a pattern of 200ms on and 1500ms off. The Ewon does NOT restart by itself in normal mode and remains running in this diagnostic mode.
- Power off the Ewon and power it on again to reboot the unit in a normal mode. As described before, the Ewon returns to its default COM parameters and factory IP addresses (such as LAN 10.0.0.53) after this level 2 reset is performed.