Flexy 202 FLB 3202 Internet & VPN Connection Issue

I am unable to establish internet connection on my Flexy 202 with an FLB3202 extension module. When I go through the internet setup wizard the WAN connection is OK but the online IP address check fails. The GSM light on FLB3202 turns green. I have checked the SIM card in a hotspot and it works. I am also unable establish VPN connection.

Please help urgently!

Hello,

Can you check the following settings for me?

Check what the number is that shows up here:

Can you also make sure that you’re on firmware 13.2 and send us a backup.tar of the device with support files included?

Thanks,
-Tim

Hello Tim,

Thanks for your response.

I am on firmware 13.0.

I do not see the SIM card error as shown in your screenshot. I do not have access to the device immediately but I think the name of the service provider shows up in that space.

Attached are the screenshots of the errors that I get while setting up the internet connection and the backup file.MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (62 KB)

Let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,
Sujit

Hi Sujit,

It doesn’t look like the backup that you send included the support files. Can you make sure that this is checked when you grab the backup?

For the screen I was talking about where it showed the sim card error, I was more so looking to see what the signal strength was there. But it looks like the device isn’t passing the internet wizard right now based on the picture you sent me.

Are you sure that you’re using the correct APN number for your device? Also if you’re able to get to the device locally can you try and update to the firmware 13.2?

I have copied the backup file and all other files directly via FTP. If you tell me the names of the files that you need then I can send them to you.

The APN is correct. I have used several SIM cards from the same provider previously.

To get the backup with the support files included, it will need to be done through eBuddy.

Is there any chance you have another flb3202 that you already know works? If so we could try and throw this SIM card into it to try and narrow down the issue

Tim,

We upgraded to firmware 13.2. We had another new flb3202 and performed several tests on it with 4 different SIM cards yesterday. The results are quite similar on both the flb3202 boards. Only one SIM card worked consistently. See the image below with table containing results for different SIM cards.

Also attached is the backup and screenshot taken for test#3 in the table above.MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (119.5 KB)

We want the FLB3202 to work with all the SIM cards as we have to provide the SIM card of our customer’s choice. Is there any way to get all the SIM cards to work?

Thanks,
Sujit

Hi Sujit,

Based on the backup you sent, I think there may be an issue with the APN that you’re putting into the device.

Would it be possible to contact the SIM provider and just check the APN with them to make sure that this is correct and try the cards again?