Flexy 205 Basic IDE Update rate

Hi,

I have an issue with the speed at which my tags are updating, in the cyclic section.

For a tag to update onchange, its taking approx 3-4 secs. Is this normal?

I have tried adding it in a Timed Function but this wasn’t overly successful.

Is there anything else I can try?

Code below:

FOR a% = 1 TO 10 STEP 1
//Control
Onchange “AB_U1_N” + STR$ a% + “_SetStatus1”,“U1_N” + STR$ a% + “_SetStatus1@ = AB_U1_N” + STR$ a% + “_SetStatus1@”
Onchange “AB_U1_N” + STR$ a% + “_CurrentSP”,“U1_N” + STR$ a% + “_CurrentSP@ = AB_U1_N” + STR$ a% + “_CurrentSP@”
Onchange “AB_U1_N” + STR$ a% + “_VoltageSP”,“U1_N” + STR$ a% + “_VoltageSP@ = AB_U1_N” + STR$ a% + “_VoltageSP@”
Onchange “AB_U2_N” + STR$ a% + “_SetStatus1”,“U2_N” + STR$ a% + “_SetStatus1@ = AB_U2_N” + STR$ a% + “_SetStatus1@”
Onchange “AB_U2_N” + STR$ a% + “_CurrentSP”,“U2_N” + STR$ a% + “_CurrentSP@ = AB_U2_N” + STR$ a% + “_CurrentSP@”
Onchange “AB_U2_N” + STR$ a% + “_VoltageSP”,“U2_N” + STR$ a% + “_VoltageSP@ = AB_U2_N” + STR$ a% + “_VoltageSP@”

//Status
Onchange “AB_U1_N” + STR$ a% + “_ActStatus1”,“U1_N” + STR$ a% + “_ActStatus1@ = AB_U1_N” + STR$ a% + “_ActStatus1@”
Onchange “AB_U1_N” + STR$ a% + “_ActCurrent”,“U1_N” + STR$ a% + “_ActCurrent@ = AB_U1_N” + STR$ a% + “_ActCurrent@”
Onchange “AB_U1_N” + STR$ a% + “_ActVoltage”,“U1_N” + STR$ a% + “_ActVoltage@ = AB_U1_N” + STR$ a% + “_ActVoltage@”
Onchange “AB_U2_N” + STR$ a% + “_ActStatus1”,“U2_N” + STR$ a% + “_ActStatus1@ = AB_U2_N” + STR$ a% + “_ActStatus1@”
Onchange “AB_U2_N” + STR$ a% + “_ActCurrent”,“U2_N” + STR$ a% + “_ActCurrent@ = AB_U2_N” + STR$ a% + “_ActCurrent@”
Onchange “AB_U2_N” + STR$ a% + “_ActVoltage”,“U2_N” + STR$ a% + “_ActVoltage@ = AB_U2_N” + STR$ a% + “_ActVoltage@”
NEXT a%

Thanks in advance
Rob.

Hi Rob,

Can you send me a backup.tar file of your device with the support files included from eBuddy? Also if this section of code is in the cyclic section of the BASIC IDE I’d recommend moving it to the Init section because if it’s in the cyclic section that will run every processor cycle and could potentially cause issues with the device

Thanks,
-Tim

Morning Tim,

Thanks for the quick reply, two files attached one with INIT section used – unfortunately it didn’t make any difference.

Am I asking too much from the device, are they designed for this capacity and processing speed?

Thanks

Best regards,

Rob Kent

The issue might be the number of tags that you’re trying to change at once, but where are you viewing the tag values from? If you’re viewing them on the GUI can you verify that you have the refresh rate set to this?

Tim,

Yes viewing in the GUI with update rate @ 1 sec.

Do all of the tags seem to update at once every 3-4 seconds or does it seem to happen in groups?